Celebrity Solstice mendhall glacier excursion Time? Taxi?

Rabbitwoman

Do they allow enough time at the Glacier center to do a hike or two before shuttling you back to ship?

Also is there time to do Mount Roberts tram as well ?

Are taxi's readily available at dock if you wanted to transport on your own? Any down side to taking taxi?

Thanks for any help

Do they allow enough time at the Glacier center to do a hike or two before shuttling you back to ship?

Also is there time to do Mount Roberts tram as well ?

Are taxi's readily available at dock if you wanted to transport on your own? Any down side to taking taxi?

Thanks for any help

It's all about time. Not sure what you are referring to with "glacier center"?? If you are adding hikes, then you need to be there a couple hours, at least. It is also simple to just take a shuttle or taxi. No there isn't a "down side" to using a cab.

Mt. Roberts is only a 6 minute ride, again depends what you want to do up there. NEVER purchase this in advance. Just do walk up so you can see conditions.

In May, I took a guided hiking tour on the East Glacier Loop trail, which includes views of Mendenhall Glacier. It's roughly three-and-a-half miles long, and fairly strenuous in parts, but the scenery is just amazing. The guides were wonderful--we were even allowed to sample some of the native vegetation! The excursion was about four hours long, and there was still a little time to walk around town afterwards. Also--depending on the queue--you should be able to do the tram, as well.

Enjoy your trip! The Solstice is a beautiful ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! It was a ship excursion! They took us on a bus from the ship to the park. I believe it was this one, but check Celebrity's shore excursions in case something has changed in the past few weeks:

http://www.stepintoalaska.com/excursions/mendenhall-glacier-guides-choice-trail-hike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums