Sailing from venice- pre cruise hotel ?

L7oopys

Our cruise out of Venice was our first trip to Europe. We spent 2 days pre-cruise and 2 days post-cruise to take in the city. We stayed in Mestre on the mainland at the Hotel Ambasciatori. The hotel was half the cost of the least expensive place on the island. We later ran into some airline flight crews staying at the hotel.

We took a bus from the Airport to the Mestre railroad station. Bus tickets were purchased via a machine at baggage claim. Once at the railroad station, it was a short walk to the hotel.

We took a public bus to/from the hotel into Venice. There was a public bus stop right in front of the hotel.

Getting from the hotel to the cruise terminal, we took a public bus to the island then the people mover from there. It involved some walking which we were capable of handling but other people we met took a taxi.

We're amateur photographers and totally enjoyed exploring the city. It's a fun place to get lost in.... Venice

I highly recommend the Best Western Hotel Olimpia. Look it up on T-A and see the reviews. Lots of people use it for pre-cruise. It is in an amazing location for getting to the ship, meaning you can walk! The price is good and the breakfast buffet was delicious. There is a water taxi stop right at the hotel. I could go on and on.

Very pleased to hear this. We are staying here 1 night post cruise and it took me ages to decide where! Any tips on where to eat in the evening?