Tux Rental

RYPERO

Has anybody ever rented a Tux once on board? My wife and I are bringing her parents with us on the next cruise and her dad hates to dress up or pack to much. I am hoping that the formality shop on board rents Tuxedo's, if yes please share your experiences.

Thanks as always

While your best bet would be to rent a tux prior to the cruise from the "gift shop" at Carnival.com [just have your local tailor measure him for the clothes....it's generally free], the Formalities Shop will have tuxedos in some of the most popular sizes. But they won't have every possible size when you get on the ship.

They might not have his. But if they do, getting it--as well as returning it--is a simple process.

On our last cruise, when my husband went to put on his Tuxedo he discovered that the pants had not been packed, just the coat. This was discovered as he was getting dressed for dinner. He immediately went to formalities and found pants in his size to match the jacket. The waist had sliding clips so that they would fit several waist sizes. Worked great. They charged $30 though, so it was an expensive lobster he ate that night.

Archived