Baby beach worth it? Anyone took a cab?

madcap369

You don't say why you are interested in going to Baby Beach -- is it for the snorkling? There's a good thread about that on the Aruba BB

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?t=25595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I didn't get down to Aruba this year (planned to go to New Orleans in Oct instead then Katrina hit, so it's an April cruise) but I do remember that a storm had done some serious damage to Baby Beach. However, reading that thread it seems that the Beach is back to normal.

The Aruba-bb.com can also give you a good idea of the taxi fee. To the best of my knowledge there is no public bus out there.

If you simply want beach time, I would suggest either the low-rise or high-rise beach area. Taxi = @$10 one way; bus = $2 round trip & run every 15-20 minutes. Do be aware that you will not be allowed to use the chairs or umbrellas at the timeshares & I don't think the hotels accomodate cruisers either -- especially since at many of them you are in line for an umbrella at 6:30am. However, both areas are great for walking the beach & the high-rise area has lots of refreshment stop opportunities.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Madcap359

The last time I went to Aruba 2 couples rented a car & went to Baby Beach. It was cheaper than taking a taxi. We then did some touring of the Island. Definitely worth it. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all. Would love any advice on baby beach. Is it worth going all the way down or should we stay closer to the cruise terminal? Also, how much is the approx cab ride in case any of you have done that?

Just got back from the Destiny. It's $35 dollars one way, tell the taxi driver what time you'd like to have them pick you up, and they'll come and get you. It's a total of $80 roundtrip--they have to pick you up with an empty cab, that's the 'splanation given. 10 years ago it was $60 rt, so we didn't think it was too much of an increase...Gas is $5.00 per gallon there, and it's about 1/2 hour or so from the dock. I think Baby Beach is worth it. LOTS of fish!! Just swim towards the breakwater, and you'll start seeing fish. I brought peas and bananas-- the fish had a field day, and boy was it fun. 2nd time to baby beach; chair rentals were 2 for $10, 1 for $8. Water was nice, and the taxi was a little late in getting there to pick us up, the man in the snack shop called her (the taxi driver) on his cell--she was stuck in traffic--and was there w/in 10-15 mins. I like Aruba.

Archived