The Scoop on OnBoard Credits for Cancelled Cruises and Port of Embarkation Changes

Rowan555

It was posted here by a few people recently that you will receive a check for any unused portion of shipboard credits Carnival has applied to your account if you had a cruise cancellation or port of embarkation change due to Katrina. I just want you to know this is NO LONGER accurate. Carnival now has "non-refundable" and "refundable" deposit lines on the statement, and the credit goes into the "non-refundable" portion of your deposit. If you don't use it you will LOSE it. This should prove interesting on our 5 day cruise next year where we have already prepaid our tips and don't intend to do any shore excursions! Guess I'll be buying a new watch in the gift shop and dh will be doing some gambling!

I just didn't want anyone to lose out by assuming they would get money back. We ended up with a $27.95 balance, so we were in the clear.

Archived