Voyager or Caribbean Princess

C 2 C

We're looking at the April 29, 2006 sailing of either RCI Voyager or Caribbean Princess. Has anyone been on both that can give some advice?

My daughter wants to get married in St Thomas VI, and a number of her friends want to go along for the festivities.

We were on the Caribbean Princess in September on the Eastern itinerary. The ship is very nice, subdued and we loved the anytime dining. Never had a problem being seated. I will say that my impression of Princess was that the guests were an older crowd...not a lot of kids on the Labor Day Cruise we went on. The service is excellent and the food was good. We compared it to the 2 spirit class ships we have been on though and I have to say that the Spirit and Pride had better food by far. If you go on the Caribbean Princess, I would chose a balcony room or mini-suite on the Caribe Deck. These balconies are 1/2 covered and 1/2 open. We were on the Baha deck (one deck above the Caribe Deck) and had we known we would have chosen the Caribe Deck...though the Baha deck was very nice...just a smaller balcony than on Caribe. Room steward was excellent and our room was towards the aft of the ship, port side. Very quiet. Oh! The ventilation is excellent as well. There were 2 guys smoking cigars below us and we never smelled them at all. Good thing to know.

Archived