Cheaper tours anywhere...

magicd30

Ok - don't want to be cheap but do want to see Antigua - traveling with a 13 & 6 year old and would love the Eli's Ecotour but $300.00 for just one tour might be a little out of the budget - especially with other islands too!! What else can we do for fun on Antigua and not sell my first born?

Hi Diane: Its Ann from the Jewel 1/15 roll call. We're looking at the tour offered by www.antiguapaddles. com. If you do a search under Antiqua port and put in this name, there a a few comments regarding this tour. It is $50 for adults and $40 for kids. It includes short bus ride, boat ride, short hike, snorkeling, and kayaking. They have a website which explains it all. We usually do not use the cruise ship for excursions (except in Jamaica (too scary to do it alone)).

read alot of reviews and it sounds like an awesome day - first it said 7 was minimum age but as I read on another part says 6 and my little guy is pretty big for his age so the tour is on! I am emailing them to find out what happens next. I know we don't get into port until 10 and by the time we are actually off the ship I would like to know how long they will wait for all of us.

Diane

Hello all,

We did Antigua Paddles in the afternoon. They picked us up right from the dock outside the ship and had us back by the time we needed to be. So, there are two options daily, either the morning or the afternoon... Prepare to be spoiled. This trip is awesome and they treat you like family. It is reasonably priced and well worth every penny. Jennie is amazing at answering every email inquiry quickly and guiding you to them efficiently. Conrad (her husband) and crew will show you a wonderful time once you get there. They have water shoes in case you don't have them. It is a great trip for any age...the adapt to their clients. Once you are done with the kayak, hike, snorkel part ...they bring you back and greet you with cool refreshing wet towels to freshen up with, and then feed you goodies and punch....either alcholic or virgin. Jennie will, most likely, have her parrot there to befriend you as well. You'll spend some time listening to 'island' music and watch their back yard, alive with beautiful flowers and pretty birds. I guess that you can tell that I can't say enough about Antigua Paddles. I hope that you can go and see for yourself!

Mitzy Zahm

Diane: Let me know if you booked with them. I looked at www.cruisecal.com . There are three ships in port that day. Two of them arrive at 8:00 and ours at 10:00. I'm hoping they will schedule the afternoon tour based on our arrival and departure :) I need to talk to John (even though he will tell me to schedule whatever I want) and I will make reservations either tonight or tomorrow.

Jennie from tour group received an email from NCL saying the ship now will be in port from 9 - 6 p.m. The morning tour meets at 9:15 and I didn't think that was enough time to get off the ship so we are booked at 12. Sounds like a great day to me - hope you can make it too! Diane

Ok - don't want to be cheap but do want to see Antigua - traveling with a 13 & 6 year old and would love the Eli's Ecotour but $300.00 for just one tour might be a little out of the budget - especially with other islands too!! What else can we do for fun on Antigua and not sell my first born?

You're in luck, Antigua Paddles is a wonderful adventure and very reasonably priced. Check it out www.antiguapaddles.com. Jennie, Conrad, Sweet Pea and their crew will take very good care of you. Be sure to ask about the 6 year old, not sure but I think they recommend age 7, probably ok for 6 year old too! Trust me, it's an excursion you will not forget and every time you reminisce you'll wish you were there.

I am having a ball reading the emails from Jennie - I would love to share them here - she is quite amusing and writes detailed information about her island! I have asked her if I can move in with them and get out of this frigid Buffalo 10 degree weather!

I am sure you will hear from her soon - she is probably out doing a tour for the day. As she requested, I sent her my credit card information through two separate emails and all is confirmed.

What are your plans for San Juan on the first stop? I have been there before and plan on just walking Old San Juan with the kids and heading back to the ship but wondered if I am missing anything exciting!

I was getting antsy so I re-emailed Paddles and heard from them the next morning saying they did not receive the first email. We are now booked at 12:15 on the 18th. They said we will get back in plenty of time. I also thought the 12:15 time was better in case the weather is a little cooler in January.

We are unsure about Puerto Rico. I am trying to get info about BOB in St. Thomas but am not having much luck.

Are you bringing school work for the kids?:confused:

which my daughter usually finishes before we leave or on the plane! My little guy won't have too much - being in 1st grade he won't miss much.

Bob looks amazing but I have to skip that one - kids are too young and I think I might be clastrophobic! Guess we'll just walk around and sightsee though I've been there several times already.

Archived