What happened to the "World Voyage Wine Collections"?

brell

Taken from Cunard's help and advice:

"Wine Packages

Various wine packages and World Voyage Wine Collections are available to book before your cruise or once you arrive on board (15% gratuity is included in these prices). Wine packages can be consumed either in the restaurant or in your cabin. Please note loyalty discount will not be applied when purchasing wine packages."

Last December and into 2017, the "World Voyage Wine Collections" had an underlying link to this brochure:

https://www.cunard.com/Documents/Brochures/Wine/CC5063_wine_packages_2017.pdf

The brochure was published the 23. of last December and was supposed to be valid for 2017. In July I phoned Cunard and wanted to order wine from this collection. Nobody knew what I was talking about and finally I was told that this collection would be available after about 12 weeks, i.e. in October. So I emailed Cunard the other day, asking whether the "World Voyage Wine Collections" where available to purchase now. I clearly stated that I was NOT talking about the small (4-12 bottle) packages. Nevertheless I got an unuseable answer pointing me to the Wine Packages in help and advice, the very same I quoted above.

The underlying link is long gone. Does anybody know what happened to these "World Voyage Wine Collections"? Are they still available and what can I do to order from them (since Cunard's staff seems not to know about them)?

Hi Brell,

Prior to this years World Cruise only the Captain's Collection and Commodore's Wine Collection were available for purchase before boarding the QM2. We purchased these by phoning Southampton as instructed on the Voyage personaliser.

The vouchers for the number of bottles ordered were presented to us by our Sommelier on the first evening but after a couple of days they announced a 'World Cruise Wine Collection' which could only be purchased on-board ship. The World Cruise Collection gave us a choice from a larger list of wines. After discussion we were allowed to choose our bottle from either collection as we pleased.

AFAIK the World Cruise Collection is only available when on the World Cruise.

HTH

John

Thank you. Maybe I have been misunderstanding. Taken from the brochure:

"Prices are quoted in US Dollars and inclusive of 15%% service charge..

Your World Voyage Wine Collection will be added to your on board account and you will

receive a voucher booklet to redeem your purchases.. Bottles from your wine collection can be

enjoyed in any restaurant on board or delivered directly to your stateroom.. Please advise your

preference when booking.."

"Prices are quoted in US Dollars and inclusive of 15%% service charge..

Your World Voyage Wine Collection will be added to your on board account and you will

receive a voucher booklet to redeem your purchases.. Bottles from your wine collection can be

enjoyed in any restaurant on board or delivered directly to your stateroom.. Please advise your

preference when booking.."

This was the situation this year and I would assume that it will be available for next years World Cruise. Are details available on your Voyage Personaliser ? I seem to recall I had to telephone Southampton to order in advance of joining the ship for the normal Captain's and Commodore's selections, but the World Cruise Collection was available to book on boarding with options up to 48 bottles. I'm sure you will not have a problem, there will be sommeliers waiting for you when you board ?

John

John

If you are looking for the small (4-12 bottles) packages, then they are under Little Luxuries. If you are looking for the same thing as I am, then read what Janix has said and continue to watch this thread as I will put info here from Cunard if they will answer my posts properly.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

I am trying to look at the wine packages for our upcoming cruise.

Have looked on the VP but I cannot find it.

Usually available on the VP under gifts ? Also try Ask Cunard, their is normally a pdf file giving examples of the Captains and Commodores packages.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info John - but why isn't this info clearly stated in the brochure and on Cunard's website? Nothing about the World Cruise Collection in the VP

This was similar for this years WC. We pre-ordered our drinks using the ‘gift’ area on the VP prior to boarding, to find they offered a greater selection onboard as the ‘World Cruise Collection’, with larger packages owing to the length of the cruise.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk