Cancel and Rebook Next Week Onboard?

wrp96

I have a dilemma.

For my Adventure of the Seas cruise, final payment is due today. But I'm going on a cruise next week. As of today the price is still the same as when we booked.

Should I gamble, cancel the cruise, and hope the cruise plus airfare is still the same next week and take advantage of the onboard credit? Is there an onboard credit for booking an inside stateroom?

Or should I just go ahead and make final payment today and not risk losing my fare?

If your cabin type/location is important to you, keep what you have. Paying less for something you don't really like isn't worth the savings, IMHO. I've read on these boards that Royal Caribbean is pretty good about honoring price drops even after final payment. You might check with the Loyalty Ambassador next week to see what's going on - maybe you can upgrade to an oceanview for the same price or some other alternative if they won't give you your money back. But there are no guarantees of a price drop anyway. If your route is popular, the prices may even be higher by now.

The amoung of the credit for booking onboard is given based on the length of the cruise, not the type of cabin. I think insides get the same deal as the Royal Suite.

I would, however, check directly with the airlines to see what their fares are and book directly if they are lower than what RCI charges. I don't book my air through the cruiseline because it's usually more expensive and you have no say in the flights or seat assignments they choose for you.

Were you the poster who had the countdown clock for when you finish law school? If so, congrats on being done with that! Good luck on the bar exam!

I would, however, check directly with the airlines to see what their fares are and book directly if they are lower than what RCI charges. I don't book my air through the cruiseline because it's usually more expensive and you have no say in the flights or seat assignments they choose for you.

Were you the poster who had the countdown clock for when you finish law school? If so, congrats on being done with that! Good luck on the bar exam!

The airlines have been running about $200 more pp than cruise air for months - for both my San Juan cruises.

And yes, I'm the poster who had the law school clock. I finished up last night with a big sigh of relief.

Archived