Pickleball on the Dawn 2/7/18 cruise

tejmar

I have made arrangements with the staff of the Dawn to set up some dates to play Pickleball on the ship. Anyone pickleball players or other shipmates on this cruise (2/7/18) interested in learning to play please respond to this thread. If I can get enough interest before the cruise I will bring my net system on board.

How did you get a hold of the ship? I’m on a Med cruise and looking to play on the NCL epic.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the late response, but I don’t follow cc much until I get close to my next cruise. What I did was contact NCL main number and they gave me the email for the special events coordinator for the ship. I let them know what the sport was and asked about setting it up. When I got on board I met up with the cruise director at a cc meet and greet. I asked hip about setting up times for play in he daily newsletter. He was very cooperative and set up three times on sea days. Not the best times to play. On our cruise we had 40+ MPH head winds. That was tough to play in. I actually played on two port days which was better, but had to play singles because I had no way to contact other players while onboard.

NCL does not have any pickleball equipment. I had to bring my net which I attached to the goal nets for soccer and I brought chalk fo lines as well as extra paddles and balls. I contacted pax on the roll call and on this forum to recruit players. All in all it wasn’t worth the effort. I only played on one sea day in addition to the other two times. If I would ever cruise with three other players I might try again because I know I would have enough players. My next cruise is on the Star in January and we will be with friends, one of which is a beginner, but I am only bringing my paddle and a couple balls for us to just keep loose.

If you want to play on a cruise your best bet is HAL who has fully committed to pickleball, Princess also offers it on some ships, and RCL also offers it on some ships. In the future, my cruises will be booked with that in mind.