Question on battery charging

npphotog

Has any of you good folks done a China/Yangtze river cruise? If so, any problem with recharging digital camera batterys or electric razors? Both of mine use 120/220 but I am not sure of what plug adapter I should use?

I am not sure of outlets on the Yangtze river boat and would appreciate any information on this. Also I would like to say "Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays" to all. Willard

Willard, we "did" the Yangtze River in September on the Viking Century Sky and had no problem with either razor or camera recharging. My recollection is that the adapter plug that fit from the set that I carried was the one with two round prongs that were thin as opposed to fat. The adapter also worked in all of the hotels in which we stayed. Most have 110v plugs for razors in the bathrooms that can also be used to recharge cameras.

And I would also like to add our Season's Greetings to all of the good folks on this Board who share their ideas and experiences that help each of us in selecting the trip that is just right for our own personal tastes!

Clarence:)

• 1 month later...

In the fall of 2003, we took a Uniworld trip to China that included a 5-day river cruise on a Victoria Cruise Line ship. When we boarded, they asked that we not connect anything but a razor to the in-cabin outlets. For recharging my digicam batteries, it took my charger (100-220) with American style plug to the front desk, and they plugged it into a power strip there. I had two chargers and plenty of batteries, so it was no inconvenience. You can view my photos here:

http://members5.clubphoto.com/d366398/owner-6059-2.phtml

Dick

Archived