Ocean Beach Park Question

Attack Dog

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that Ocean Park beach is now near normal. Those swells we had beginning a couple of weeks ago are gone and new damage was minimal. For those not familiar with this beach, in normal times this area does not have public facilities like restrooms, changing areas, lifeguards and what not. You'd depend on nearby businesses' hospitality. Thankfully, this area recently got power back so I am sure that many restaurants and guest houses near the beach have reopened or will reopen soon.

A little farther to the east, the Ultimo Trolley Beach (literally, The Last Trolley) has a better strip of sand and more accessible parking. Again, no facilities. Bring your own food, beverage, take your litter back with you, and pee in the ocean if you must. :halo:

Aviator, I have a question for you. We are arriving next month and spending four days pre and post cruise in OSJ. We had a day booked at Numero Uno Beach Club. I have just been informed that they have closed. I am not interested in any of the other tours Island Marketing offers.

Can you advise us of a beach that offers chair and umbrella rentals and restrooms? Food and drink is not necessary, we can bring our own. We just prefer sitting in chairs instead of directly on the sand.

Thank you for keeping us informed about your beautiful island.

There are beach lounger and umbrella rentals at Isla Verde beach, behind the InterContinental and El San Juan hotels. Also, in Condado beach (what we call El Sheraton beach), behind the San Juan Marriott, there's a good beach when the ocean is not roaring (I used to surf there if that tells you anything). Not sure if I'll be demerited by CC for making a recommendation, but that hotel sells day packages for their facilities. Just in case, they have a competitor for day packages calle Vivo beach Club, closer to Isla Verde.

Hope this helps.