Oasis Deck 17 Questions (Access, Cocktail Party, Genie)

FlowRyder

We will be sailing Oasis of the Seas in SR# 1740 this Fall. Here are a few questions that we have:

1. Has anyone ever hosted a cocktail party (with hors d'oeuvres) inside this suite?

2. Did you plan this through your Royal Genie, Concierge or Group Sales?

3. Was this planned prior to embarkation or while on-board?

4. Did you have a pianist or other live musician?

5. Do all guests have access to the 17th deck?

6. What was your overall impression of your party/event?

Does anyone else have any tips or suggestions regarding planning event inside your suite? Thank you in advance for your replies!!

We did in our OS for 14 and planned it all through Group Sales prior to sailing. They have a pretty extensive catering menu for in room party. We had a full bar with bartender. They charge by the hour and per person with a minimum for both. We didn't do music and with the setup it wouldn't have been enough room. I would reach out to the concierge that's how I started the process.

It was an awesome way to start off the cruise everybody loved it.

We did in our OS for 14 and planned it all through Group Sales prior to sailing. They have a pretty extensive catering menu for in room party. We had a full bar with bartender. They charge by the hour and per person with a minimum for both. We didn't do music and with the setup it wouldn't have been enough room. I would reach out to the concierge that's how I started the process.

It was an awesome way to start off the cruise everybody loved it.

Thank you for your reply! I'm glad you had an awesome event! Did you have your booking in groups sales or did groups sales only take care of the event? I've seen the groups sales catering menu and it looks wonderful. How far in advance did you make these arrangements? How far in advance did you contact the concierge?

Thank you for your reply! I'm glad you had an awesome event! Did you have your booking in groups sales or did groups sales only take care of the event? I've seen the groups sales catering menu and it looks wonderful. How far in advance did you make these arrangements? How far in advance did you contact the concierge?

Group Sales only handled the sail away party. The food was excellent and we had plenty for everybody with left overs. We didn't go top shelf but around mid-range. I recall reaching out to the concierge about 4-5 months in advance. He referred me right away to group sales and they Emailed me all the options.

They really did a great job. When one person wanted a specific type of whisky, that they hadn't brought, they sent somebody to get a bottle.

Group Sales only handled the sail away party. The food was excellent and we had plenty for everybody with left overs. We didn't go top shelf but around mid-range. I recall reaching out to the concierge about 4-5 months in advance. He referred me right away to group sales and they Emailed me all the options.

They really did a great job. When one person wanted a specific type of whisky, that they hadn't brought, they sent somebody to get a bottle.

Awesome news! So, just to clarify, Group Sales handled ONLY the event and you did NOT have to have your booking inside of a group (8 or more)? Again, thank you for the information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anyone else ever hosted an event in one of the deck 17/18 suites, specifically suite #1740 (RLS)?

1. Did you have a pianist or other live musician?

2. Do all guests have access to the 17th deck?