Testing the waters: Info on Australia & New Zealand needed

elsat

ealand. Need info on what the weather could be at that time of year and also what tours to take on New Zealand. The cruise line offers many but we have taked cruises before and i think I could probably get less expensive tours directly thru tour operators, but who? and what tours? First time to this area and very likely may be our last so would like to get in the highlights.

Really appreciate who ever and what you could suggest!!!!

First time, so please bear with me! What is weather in March for land touring in Australia and then cruising in NZ! Also, what tours and what operators to use for land tours in NZ? Will be on the Diamond Princess but their tours seem rather expensive. Could I do better on my own.

Appreciate any suggestion..thank you!

Weather in Oz in march is great, early autumn (fall), days are still warm, not too cool but definitely not cold.

Do a google search for Australia for web sites. I have posted some sites on here not so long ago.

When you decide where you want to visit just post and some of us will be able to answer. It's a vast country, similar in size to USA but small population.

I seem to remember relatives travelling here last year on APT (?), they were impressed.

As for local tours, there are heaps in Sydney, much cheaper if you organise yourself.

I can only tell you about Sydney. Don't know much about NZ.

First time, so please bear with me! What is weather in March for land touring in Australia and then cruising in NZ! Also, what tours and what operators to use for land tours in NZ? Will be on the Diamond Princess but their tours seem rather expensive. Could I do better on my own.

Worth looking at the thread in this board on New Zealand Ports Excursion. One member in particular MVPinBOYNTON has quite a bit of info on many of the ports you will be visiting, good place to start would be to review all his posts [theres a tool in the CC to allow you to do this], Just double click on his icon by his post and in his profile you have an option to view all his posts. Hope that helps. Regards Ian.

Don't know what ports you are visiting in NZ, but I have booked with the following locals:

Wellington: go to http://www.flatearth.co.nz to see the Wellington Inspiration Tour

Christchurch: go to http://www.bluestartaxis.org.nz/tours.php

Napier: they have local walking tours. go to http://www.artdeconapier.com

If your are going to be in Melbourne, AU they have a free Greeter service you can book with a four hour guided tour with a volunteer greeter on public transport.

http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Princess has a "weather" tab in their cruise information area. Go to the select and compare cruises, pick your region, ship, dates and then open the 'weather' tab and it gives you the weather averages and other information by port.

Archived