Just back from Cruise-Beach day suggestion

mrsd2fan

If you plan on doing a beach day on GT, I suggest you DO NOT do the beach in front of Margaritaville. Garbage all around and drug deals. I would suggest heading down towards Jack's Shack..beach is MUCH nicer and MUCH less crowded

If you plan on doing a beach day on GT, I suggest you DO NOT do the beach in front of Margaritaville. Garbage all around and drug deals. I would suggest heading down towards Jack's Shack..beach is MUCH nicer and MUCH less crowded

I was just there this past Saturday and didn't see any garbage, nor did I see any drug deals going down (wasn't approached about any, either).

When was your visit?

The beach is nice by Jack's Shack, but the snorkeling is better out by the drop-off and the safety line near Margaritaville. There is a sunken cannon and an anchor out there, and also a short underwater tunnel that I almost nerved myself up to swim through...it's about 20 feet down, though.

We just returned from visiting Grand Turk on the Veendam. We sat on chairs right in front of Margaritaville. The ones with the green umbrellas that say cruise port are free. Can pay for chairs in front two rows closer to water, but plenty of free chairs. Music is playing and clean bathrooms are nearby. The water was clear and we did some snorkeling. Very enjoyable and we felt safe.

We took a walk almost to Jacks Shack where it does get less crowded, but turned back around just before reaching it. We stopped at a small yellow hut between jacks and reef barrier to buy $3 local beers. The nice lady opened them all and put them in a 6 pack for us to carry back to our chairs at cruise port where beers are double the price.

We had plans to walk to the conch graveyard and governors beach, but were so comfortable in front of Margaritaville, did not want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums