Transportation To Malahide Castle

Cruisepm

In the absence of any more knowledgeable replies, I see that their own website says this:

Want to do your own thing and take public transport, here are some options…

Bus Routes- Dublin buses operate to and from Malahide- bus route number 42 or bus route 32 from Dublin City Centre- journey time approx. 40 minutes

Trains (DART): Irish Rail operates a train and D.A.R.T. service to and from Malahide: The journey time is approximately 30 minutes. For schedules visit: http://www.irishrail.ie/

As to which is better, I couldn't say. In my experience, buses usually offer more interesting views, while the train goes through cuttings and past people's back gardens.

In the absence of any more knowledgeable replies, I see that their own website says this:

As to which is better, I couldn't say. In my experience, buses usually offer more interesting views, while the train goes through cuttings and past people's back gardens.

On this route, I've read that the DART runs along the coast and offers some very nice views.

I'd suggest that you pose this question to the helpful locals on the Dublin forum on trip advisor. In fact, if you do a quick search, I'm sure the question has already been asked and answered.