Seaside 1/27/18 - Enjoyable Cruise With My Viewpoint on Areas That Can Be Improved

3Travelers

We did go on one of those panorama elevators a couple times so one worked during our cruise.

We also used it a couple of times during the OP´s same cruise. But I agree there were several lifts around the ship that were not working.

Thank you for your balanced and detailed review.

I'm good with everything except:

"3. Keeping everyone healthy should be a priority. To that end, passengers should be asked to use hand sanitizers upon boarding from any port incl embarkation. Someone should monitor the entrance to buffets to ask passengers to wash hands or use sanitizers."

I think it would be perfectly acceptable to encourage hand washing or hand sanitizer but one of the things I am very much looking forward to on Seaside is not being accosted physically by hand sanitizer every time I get near the buffet. I wash my hands every time I use the bathroom and right before every meal. On a Royal ship I had a crew member armed with a large bottle of hand sanitizer pursue me into the sink area. When I politely fobbed off her request I use hand sanitzer after she just watched me wash my hands the woman chased me down and assaulted me. She dumped it into my hand as I was reaching to the hand dryer to dry my hands.

Some people cannot use hand sanitizer due to health reasons and I am one of them. If I used it twice in a day my hands start to crack wherever my fingers and palms bend. They burn and itch and it takes several days to heal them. Although I washed my hands to remove the sanitizer it still made my hands chapped and sore.

After that experience I perfected sticking my hand under the spout on the sanitizer station and pulling it away as I press the button so that the sanitizer missed my hand.

And just FYI Hand Sanitizer as used by everyone I've ever seen use it won't keep you healthy anyway. No one uses enough or rubs it around enough anyways. When missused it does not kill noro. And even when used as directed it would still be better to wash your hands thoroughly.

And it is bad for the environment and long term health. Chemicals from it are being found everywhere in freshwater. It has been shown to be contributing to resistent strains of bacteria and causing problems with teen hormones. The CDC has issued warnings as has Poison Control due to many poisonings in children and teens, either from licking it off their hands or drinking it. Little kids drink it because it is bright colored and tempting. Teens try to use it to get drunk. It does not contain alcohol that is ok for people to drink. It doesn't take much at all to lead to blindness, organ failure, or even death in small people. Personally I'd be happy if it fell off the face of the earth and we never spoke of it again.

And that's my soapbox for tonight. ;p:cool:

I totally agree hand washing is best. Seaside has sinks by the buffet entrance, unfortunately, few people coming in use them, hence my comment. On the Princess and Royal Cruises we went on they encourage people coming in to use the sinks at the entrance of buffet. I still recommend they do the same on Seaside.