INDY Dry Dock news. NEW Restaurants

tgilmour

The Independence of the Seas is scheduled for drydock in April 2018 and I heard from a very reliable source in the Food & Bev dept what is happening. I just got off the 05Feb2018 sailing. He told me that the starboard side of the photo area on deck 3 will be converted to an American themed restaurant (Icon Grill??). The disco will be reduced in size to 1 floor and the Deck 4 section by the Schooner Bar will become Izumi's (a Sushi & Hibatchi Restaurant). On Deck 11, they will replace the Squeeze bar by the H2O zone with a Fish & Chips restaurant.

I am sure there will be an overhaul of carpeting, chairs and repair work being done as well. Just wanted to get this news out there.

PS...My sailing on Indy was great, no problems, everyone was polite, sanitizer stations were used by 90% and that is important.

This makes me excited. I am thinking of taking the Indy on July 28th to the Norwegian Fjords. Love the sound of the revitalization projects. Considering that I have done 5 Oasis Class cruises since 2014, my expectations for ships are now high, but a revitalized Indy hopefully won't feel too small.

... On Deck 11, they will replace the Squeeze bar by the H2O zone with a Fish & Chips restaurant. ... .

Sounds like one less venue to get fresh squeezed juices/smoothies included in the Refreshment and Deluxe beverage packages.