So near and yet so far; upcoming Serenade cruise 1/7/06

erniesband

We are SO excited to be returning to our favorite ship, Serenade, in just 2 weeks. All the great reviews we've been reading echo our previous experience on Serenade and on this itinerary.

We're sitting just a person or 2 short of qualifying for our meet and mingle. If you're out there, on our cruise, and haven't yet found our roll call, or registered for the M&M, come join us! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=201252&page=10

This would be our first cruise without an M&M - that would be a shame!

Mark, we promise we'll take care of Serenade for you (what cabin are you in, maybe we'll even be taking care of your cabin :D). After all, in the last 2 years, other people have been taking care of it for us - even if someone on the crew did trying tipping her over while we were still on her :rolleyes: What are you planning to do in Antigua. If you're planning on doing one of Eli's tours, we'll give him a hello for you!

Nreilly, got an e-mail from RCL today, we got our meet and mingle :D .

Those of us who have been talking on the roll call are planning on getting together by the pool bar, starboard side (that's the side with the view of Old San Juan as we leave the harbor) for sail away. How about joining us? And what are your plans for Antigua?

Jodi

Hi Jody,

We'll be in JS 1100. We've booked a couple of tours for my wife, myself and my daughter. How much is Eli's tour and how much walking is involved? My wife has circulation issues in one of her legs and she kind of has to take it easy and not be on it too much.

Have a great cruise. I'm glad you guys got your M&M. We're still four short...

Mark

We are doing Eli's tour in Antigua. We have heard some many great things about it that we are very much looking forward to it!

You'll love it! We're doing his new circumnav tour this time, after having done the ecotour 3 times.

Mark, Eli's website, with all kinds of info, is http://www.adventureantigua.com, and it is absolutely the best excursion we've ever done. Which is why we've done it over and over, and we're so looking forward to the circumnav. We've become friends with Eli, and actually tend to plan our cruises around itineraries that will take us back to Antigua, with a few exceptions here and there. The eco-tour is $90.00, I think, if you book it on-line. And worth every dime. We've had friends who have done it and spent the day on the boat, taking in the scenery and talking to the crew, and loved it as much as the people who climbed Hells Gate and hiked on Bird Island. The day is snorkeling, some climbing and some hiking, interspersed with getting from place to place on a very comfortable power cat. And all the activities are "optional." I'm sure if you e-mail Eli with any questions about your wife's ability to enjoy the day, you'll get an honest answer. They really want people to enjoy themselves.

This Serenade itinerary is my personal favorite. We've been in 1102, a D-1- those aft balconies are great! We actually had one booked for this cruise (we booked the cruise a year ago, when we were on the 11 night Empress), but had to change cabins when our son decided to come along - the aft D-1s only sleep 2, no pullman, no sofa bed. And about the M&M, we didn't think we were going to make it either, we were 3 people short until yesterday. We've actually arranged our own sail away gathering, at the pool bar, in case we didn't make it, figuring then if we did, the M&M would be a "bonus."

To all of you who are following us, I'm sure you'll love it - sure wish we could do back-to-back-to backs and join you :D

Jodi

Hello there mark. Just found this forum today. We too are on the serendate of the seas leaving January 14.!!! Can't wait. We have a group of 16 going with us. should be a blast!!!!!

Hi Lynette,

If you haven't signed up for the Meet & Mingle, we'd love to see you there. I've never been to one before and would like to do that. I think it will be fun to meet some of the guests that frequent these boards and strike up new friendships. You can sign up by going to https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do and simply enter your reservation number and cruise date. We only need two more to have our own little party.

My wife, daughter and myself are very excited about the upcoming cruise and rely look forward to meeting everybody.

Oh... and JODY, if you read this post, thanks for the great information on the Eco Tour. Is it something that my wife with her leg problems would be able to do? She developed blood clots with the birth of our first daughter and it's never been quite the same...I realize that some people sit in the boat all day, but I wouldn't want to leave her sitting all day while my daughter and I were out galavanting around. We've already booked one shore excursion in St Lucia on that premise...(Tropical Rain Forest).

Mark

Oh... and JODY, if you read this post, thanks for the great information on the Eco Tour. Is it something that my wife with her leg problems would be able to do? She developed blood clots with the birth of our first daughter and it's never been quite the same...I realize that some people sit in the boat all day, but I wouldn't want to leave her sitting all day while my daughter and I were out galavanting around. We've already booked one shore excursion in St Lucia on that premise...(Tropical Rain Forest).

Hi, Mark

It's hard to say without knowing what kind of restrictions your wife has. If she can snorkel, the most limiting part of the day would probably be Hells Gate. That said, she could even snorkel there, if she wanted to. And since you're on and off the boat all day you wouldn't really be abandoning her for the day. Plus, there are always people on the boat - other guests who prefer to hang on the boat rather than do the other activity, plus crew, who definitely don't ignore the passengers! I really would suggest e-mailing Adventure Antigua with your question, though - they'll give you an honest response. They don't want you to go and have an unhappy experience.

Jodi

Jodi, the more posts of yours I see the more excited I get for Eli and Antigua. I hope it lives up to the hype, lol. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 1/7/2006

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

RCI 2 times Song of America and Monarch of the Seas

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Archived