What's with the BANGING of doors!

AmBear

Design flaw. It's mentioned enough here to make note of it being an issue. Other cruise lines have sliding doors on their balconies.

FWIW, I only cruise with a balcony and I try to be cognizant of the door slamming thing. After more than 25 cruises, I still once in awhile accidentally manage to let the door slam. It's a design flaw. People are going to do what people do. You design around that. Or not.

Gonna agree with you on the design flaw part. I did a Google image search of other ship balcony doors, and most seem to be the sliding type!

To some others commenting, no one is perfect, yes I've done it, but was immediately unhappy with myself, and hoped I didn't bother anyone else! Others who slam doors cause they only have 2 hands, and are holding trays are room service, but you can understand!

The in/out of the balcony doors/cabin doors repeatedly banging them is what's a problem, just plain selfish, ill mannered people!:mad:

As I said, the worst cruise ever with banging for us was a couple weeks ago on the Miracle, a very elderly cruise, so can't blame it on the kids for that one!:D

BTW taking ear plugs on our Glory cruises in April!-))