Anyone just off the Serenade? 12/17/05

kimbee531

I was just wondering how the 12/17/05 sailing of the Serenade went. I have not seen any reviews or posts yet for that sailing? Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 1/7/2006

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

RCI 2 times Song of America and Monarch of the Seas

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Derek, I just hope they dont pull this thread if we start talking about tipping. Joe V.

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Hi guys,

We've been to each island 5 or 6 times. My take on the "best excursions"

St. Thomas - go to St. John for the day. Easy to do on your own, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The Buck Island Sail and Snorkel (through the ship) is pretty nice, too. This year we're trying a day sail, and I'm sure we'll love it.

St. Maarten - the America's Cup excursion is terrific. Lounging the day away at Orient is pretty nice, and Phillipsburgh is a good place to shop, if that's what you're into. It's also an easy island to rent a car and explore on your own. They drive on the right, the roads are easy to follow. Last time we were there we hiked up to Fort Louis in Marigot - it's a great vantage point for seeing much of the island. This year we're trying zip lining, and are really looking forward to that.

Antigua - what can I say, except Eli? The EcoTour is THE BEST.

Last year we took a couple of island tours we probably wouldn't have done had we not been with family members who had not been to any of the islands before (on St. Lucia and Barbados), and weren't sorry we did them.

St. Lucia - we've done several ship excursions we've enjoyed, including the Land and Sea to Soufriere, the cat to the Pitons and the 4x4 ride and rainforest hike. Took a tour with Frank last year, and he did a great job. Another favorite is spending the day on the beach at Ti Kaye Village.

Barbados - this is a hard one; I'm not sure we have a favorite there. We've snorkeled on our own at Folkstone, where they have good snorkeling, and one year we got off the ship, and found cab driver to give us an island tour for $25 per person (there were 5 of us). Between things we wanted to see based on our research, and his advice, we had a really nice day. And last year we went with Glory Tours - had a "custom" tour that we designed with our Cruise Critic buddies, and the driver was flexible and kind enough to change things around as we went, when we ran into some showers, and then discovered snorkeling wasn't good because of the amount of rain that there had been in the couple weeks previous.

Joe, what's there to talk about with tipping? You think they'd really pull the thread?

Jodi

Jodi, I got into a heater with some guy who refused to tip no matter what. I'll save the juicies for out meet and mingle. Great excursion advice, thanks. See you in 10 days. Joe V.

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

Princess 3 times

QE2 1 time

Carnival 1 time

Royal Majesty 1 time

Archived