So Mad With Celebrity - Last Minute Change Dec 31

2 P's on the Seas

Yes - we made it!

If you are willing to accept the risks of travelling the same day (which we are)' date=' then you had until 10:00 to get here.

Yes - travelling the day of is risky, but you are allowed to choose to accept those risks. The bottom line is I have the right to arrive up to one hour before departure and Celebrity changed that last minute which isn't right.

- even though they have also changed the itinerary and we aren't going where we booked to go. Sorry Celebrity, but I will think very hard before booking with you again.[/quote']

First off, glad you made the ship. Hope you enjoy the sailing.

From someone who works at the airport and sees people miss ships all the time for weather, maintenance, delayed bags, etc........ why would you subject yourself to the pressure of having everything work as planned to get to the ship with 3 hours to spare (if it had left on time?) I just dont understand starting out a vacation (you know rest and relaxation?), by putting this kind of pressure on ones self. How many times have you been delayed just getting across town in traffic, let alone flying hundreds or thousands of miles (after getting across town in traffic)? You have the right to accept those risks by flying in same day, but dont forget, you also get the consequences of taking those risks when things happen. Something many people seem to forget.

We just did the same cruise and flew down the day before. Good thing we did too since half of our group had a 7 hour delay in getting to San Juan. It was a pain for them having to sit in the airport for an extended time, but they at least knew they had a day to catch up so it wasnt quite as stressful as it could have been. Also, you lost out on 8 hours of ship time by not boarding until so late. You paid for the day, why not enjoy it on the ship instead of stressing over whether you'd make it or not?

I just checked the webcam and it looks like the ship is on the same itinerary we were scheduled on. Just curious what they changed as far as ports for your trip?

They tell you they close the entry one hour before departure.
Not sure where they post that' date=' but can assure you that my wife made it to the cabin just as they were throwing off the ropes on our Alaskan cruise on Infinity out of Vancouver! Long story -- the rest of the family was relieved to see her appear just in time.

Glad to hear you made it OK, and hope that not too many got left behind. The normal 11:00pm departure is a concession that between time zones and flight times, the west coast folks have a bugger of a time getting there same-day. As noted above, I'm not sure why anyone would try. Moving the time back to 9:00pm could have killed a few west coast passengers, trying to do a same-day.

As an example, LAX to SJU non-stop isn't a happening event except for an American red-eye that leaves at [u']11:45pm at night[/u], and even if you take the 6:30am flight out of LAX with a connection through DFW, you don't arrive until 7:49pm. Just BARELY possible to make it if the ship pulls out at 9:00pm, although I'd bet some folks scheduled that flight based upon an 11:00pm departure and didn't make it. Ouch.

Archived