Millenium - Barcelona - Venice (May 15)

reader5

My granddaughter and I are travelling to the Med on the Millenium May 15th. (Barcelona/Venice) I am hoping that there will be some young single persons around her age (25) so she can have some fun! I know she will be doing lots of sightseeing and hopefully I can keep up with her. She is a really great young lady and I am so pleased to be able to experience the "Med" with her.

She is a very sociable person and can mingle with all ages but just thought it would be nice for her to have some young people to hang out with.

My granddaughter and I are travelling to the Med on the Millenium May 15th. (Barcelona/Venice) I am hoping that there will be some young single persons around her age (25) so she can have some fun!

If you haven't already, I suggest your granddaughter try getting active on the Roll Call board for your cruise, she may meet some folks her age before you even sail!

That being said, if my recent transatlantic on Millie is any indication, don't expect there to be many folks there her age. I can't think of more than 10 people on the cruise that were in her age group (and four of them were my wife and I, and a couple we were traveling with), with the vast majority well over 60.

Expect her to get a lot of attention from the crew though (not in a bad way), since most of them ARE generally around her age, and will be really happy to have someone to chat with who isn't a senior. That was certainly our experience.

Regardless, I am sure you will both have a fabulous time.

My wife and I sailed Millenium from Venice to Barcelona in late May of this year. It was our sixth cruise (fifth on Celebrity) and the best yet.

There were a noticeable number of apparently single 20s on board, as well as on the shore excursions. Happily, due to the time of year, there were very few pre-20s (read: teens and children). Unless you've previously been to these countries, don't miss the shore excursions.

I'm sure that your granddaughter will meet people her age and that you both will thoroughly enjoy the cruise.

Since you're embarking in Barcelona, try to arrive a day or two before you sail. We started in Venice two days early and fell in love with the city. However, Barcelona, our debarkation port, was an incredible surprise.

We are staying one night in Barcelona pre-cruise since I feel we need the additional time to recover from the time change. We have booked a B & B in Barcelona that was mentioned on the Europe board by a cruiser who had stayed there.

Thanks for the information you provided.

If you show up on the 15th you'll have missed the ship. We will be on that cruise too and look forward to enjoying our cruise. There will be all ages there and I'm sure your granddaughter will find much to see and do. Use this link to the cruise critic link for those going on that cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=201968

Archived