Stavanger - Booking Rodne Fjord Cruise in port

hi, we will be in Stavanger on May 8 (next week!). I think we may be the only cruise ship in port that day. Rodne has tours scheduled at 10am and 2pm. Would like to book on arrival and choose time or maybe even do the rib boat tour depending on the weather. Even if raining we will want to take a boat tour so don’t want to miss out. Advice appreciated.

It's the number of passengers that makes the difference, not the number of ships. If you have 6,000 passengers it's harder to book onshore excursions than if there are 800. How many on your ship?

Having said that, last time I was in Stavangar there were about 3,000 passengers in port (2 ships) and I had no trouble getting a place on a Pulpit rock trip. They did put on an extra boat when they found there was demand for it.

hi, we will be in Stavanger on May 8 (next week!). I think we may be the only cruise ship in port that day. Rodne has tours scheduled at 10am and 2pm. Would like to book on arrival and choose time or maybe even do the rib boat tour depending on the weather. Even if raining we will want to take a boat tour so don’t want to miss out. Advice appreciated.

We booked the 10 AM tour in advance online for the HAL Rotterdam arrival on 5/21/2018. Not only they give the confirmation but also a map on how to get their boat dock. Very efficient so I suggest that you go ahead and book in advance so you don't have to stay in line. It also gives you more time to explore Stavanger or spending more time at Lido cafe....If you do the tour at 10, you get more time in the afternoon vs. doing at 2 pm.

We also are planning to visit Stavanger in June on the Koningsdam. Is it possible to walk to the dock if we book the fjord cruise with Rodne? Is this a better cruise that the ship's tour offering? We typically enjoy independent touring unless the ship's time schedule is impossible. TIA

crewsgirl

The ship's dock about 50m away from where the Rodne Cruises depart. They are the same company used by the cruise companies, except you pay 50% less by booking direct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

crewsgirl

The ship's dock about 50m away from where the Rodne Cruises depart. They are the same company used by the cruise companies, except you pay 50% less by booking direct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ohhh, thanks! We did exactly the same in Bar Harbor and it worked out perfectly. Thanks for the info.