Toga Night

rweddle

My wife and me are going on the Jan 22, 2006 Magica Cruise. My wife wants to know if there is a Toga Night and what are you supposed to ware? Are we supposed to bring a Toga to ware or use a bed sheet?

Ron

It is my understanding that toga night is only done on the Costa's Caribbean cruises. I was on The Costa Atlanta last February and we had toga night on the last night of the cruise. My wife and I brought togas prior to the cruise and didn't use the bedsheets that were put in our cabin that afternoon. Overall, most people used the bedsheets but there were a good number in ready made toga costumes. Just a quick story...my wife and I were in the elevator going up to our cabin and a little girl kept looking at my wife and finally tugged on her mothers dress and asked if she (my wife) was the queen. My wife heard this and replied "Yes, and when you grow up you can be queen also".

We are looking forward to our January 8th Costa Magica cruise!

We too are on the 22nd cruise. I am making our toga. I did reaserch on the net for ways to make them. Not sure what I will turn up with, but won't be using a sheet. Good thing I can sew.

Hope to meet CC members. It should be an interesting cruise.

Just sailed on the Costa Magica 12/19-12/26 in the Carribean and we had Toga Night. It co-incided with the Talent Show and it was a HOOT! You are given bed sheets and directions in your cabin the day of the event. Some managed better than others at assembling their togas. Some precariously hung on for dear life while others clearly had assembled theirs in advance or had key clasps or gathers from home which were used to hold everything together as opposed to tying knots. It is not a fashion show and eveyone takes it lightly. I would say about half on board had togas on that evening at least while in attendance at the talent show. It was all in fun those in togas and those without all enjoyed the evening. :D

We went on the Atlantica a couple of Spring breaks ago, and Toga Night was a blast. Our family of four (DH and myself, along with DD, then age 7, and DS, then age 15) all donned the togas that were provided to us. We actually have a family picture in them. It was a riot. DS and his posse of friends from the ship all did the Casper Slide in the costumes during the kids talent show. It was great fun. Can't wait to do it again in April!!:D

Hi, please let me know how your trip went. We have a group of 60 going on this trip next month and after reading the reviews we're all very nervous now. Thanks much, cfffrm@aol.com we leave Feb. 19th. I'd love to know what all to bring......where the fun spots were.....what to avoid etc. Thanks so much for your help and time!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived