Kids’ clubs

Sue's Mom

if our 11 year old does not wish to go ashore with us' date=' can he stay in the club whilst we are ashore?[/quote']

No, not on a P&O cruise. Passengers who are 16 years or younger may not stay on board not even in the children's club where their parents disembark. They may be left by their parents with a person on board over the age of eighteen to look after them however this person must already have known them prior to boarding the ship.

Incidentally the converse is true, passengers of 16 years or younger may not disembark without the parents in a similar manner.

Regards John

I have been using the kids clubs for fifteen years and the rules and regulations on P&O have tightened up enormously during this period. All children need to continuously wear a wrist band at all times to indicate their muster station. The middle to older group can no longer sign themselves in or out the children's club venue. These two rules have not gone down with my daughter who now asks me not to book with P&O. I still do but tend to avoid it as other changes have affected me.

Princess has a completely opposite approach to children. A certain age range can be empowered by their parents to self-sign in or out or both to the club venue. On port days these privileges are revoked because a "lock in" happens at the club house. The thinking behind this is that parents can disembark and leave the children in the care of the club. So on port days instead of being closed the club operates differently as they have the children full time and have to take the group down to the buffet for every meal.

Downside on Princes is the final hour at the club 11 to midnight, I think you pay $10 for just that time whereas on P&O the Night Nursery runs something like 6.30pm until a staggering 2am.

These are the main differences.

Regards John

Recent Oceana voyage outside of school holidays and the Kids Club didn’t run the morning session on port days. Open as usual in the afternoon and evening.

Ah ok so the morning time might be different I've only cruised in school holidays