Jeep Tour Review

ronbetty2001

Our Extreme Jeep Safari Trip with ABC Tours in Aruba was great. First I would like to say it is very long, it really is all day. They picked us up at the dock after we called them and it took about 20 minutes to get to their office. They are building a new one closer to the dock; don’t know when it will be done, just saw pictures on the wall. We did wait around at the office for a while as they bring in all the other people for that days tour, but after that it was non-stop till the end. They did stop at one beach where the gold storage used to be and we were able to buy a couple of trinkets at pretty good prices, I thought.

Our guild Claudio was a native to the island and was very informative, funny and kind. The island is filled with the friendliest people, everywhere we went they would wave to us. With this tour we felt like we had seen everything that Aruba has to offer and learned all about it and the people.

Highlights:

California Lighthouse, swimming in the Natural Pool and Baby Beach. Be aware that the road to the Natural Pool is not a road, it’s more of a goat path and very rough and steep at times, but fun.

The island is really barren and is not at all tropical like Hawaii etc. but very beautiful.

I would recommend this tour for people who don’t mind a bumpy road and are looking for an adventure.

Cost: $117.00 for two people, included lunch, water and soft drinks, ($58.50 per person), booked over the inter-net

http://www.abc-aruba.com/

I am really interested in this, but my husband had back surgery two years ago. There is a warning about those with back problems. Do you think it is really that bad and he shouldn't go? He hasn't had any trouble since his surgery, but we don't want to start something, either, especially no the second day of a cruise!

I am really interested in this, but my husband had back surgery two years ago. There is a warning about those with back problems. Do you think it is really that bad and he shouldn't go? He hasn't had any trouble since his surgery, but we don't want to start something, either, especially no the second day of a cruise!

Kate

I had neck surgery (fusion of three discs) in 2002. Both of the last two years on Aruba we rented jeeps. The "roads" can get pretty bumpy but I didn't have any pain afterward. Guess it kind of depends on how well hubby has healed and what type of surgery he had. I'm not a doctor (of course, the kids think I am), but this was just my personal experience.

Either way, enjoy Aruba. I've never seen anything like it.

The road to the Natural Pol is very very rough, they do go very slow which helps. If it gets to rough they will pull over let you out and come back for you. The rest of the tour is not all that bad for a jeep safari. At least if the road to the natural pool is too rough they let you out. I say go for it, it's not really that bad if you aren't a wuss.

Ron&Betty

Archived