Has anyone done this in Grand Cayman?

sgriff17

Hi everyone. I posted this on the Ports of Call board for the Cayman Islands but no one has responded. Since we are leaving in a 4 days and the traffic is much busier on this board, I figured I'd give it a shot since it's a PRINCESS excursion.

Has anyone done this excursion in GC?

Aquaboats & Snorkel Adventure

Enjoy the excitement of piloting your own two-person, speedy, 12’ inflatable motorboat in this safe and exhilarating snorkel excursion.

After a short walk from the cruise terminal, meet your guide and receive basic instruction in the operation of this incredibly stable craft. Then you’re off! Driving your own boat, follow your guide along the picturesque south coast to Sandy Cay, a deserted island. Stroll along the beach and explore the island like a modern-day Robinson Crusoe. Then head for Smith’s Cove, a little bay with an almost-secret beach where you have time to swim and snorkel in calm waters teeming with fish. Please note that at both Sandy Cay and Smith’s Cove you moor your boat and swim or wade ashore. Follow the coastline north to the Callie and view this old shipwreck. At the conclusion of the tour, walk back to the tender dock, an approximately 4-block walk.

My wife and I are doing this. It's 2 people to a boat and it's 179 per boat, so 90p/p isn't that bad we don't think.

We've done it. My husband has a much greater "need for speed" than I do, so he enjoyed it, and I tolerated it. I suspect I'm in the minority and that most people will enjoy it. The snorkeling was very good, the boats were dependable, and I think it is a good value.

Two caveats:

Bring sunglasses, the salt spray is crazy!

Be prepared for a bit of a challenge getting back into the boats after snorkeling. It's not that physically challenging, it's just not pretty heaving yourself up over the pontoon.

Archived