me and my bright ideas...help me choose

abteer

Okay I'm all set for Enchantment of the Seas September 30th! And now I go poling around the internet and find a b2b on Sovereign that is affordable. Please let me know which one to go on. My Enchantment would be going to jamaica and grand cayman and sovereign would be going to nassau and coco cay twice. So what are the pros and cons of the itinerary and the ships? TIA

Teresa:confused:

The Enchantment is a newer ship with larger cabins. It was just stretched so they probably did a lot of other refurbishments as well. The Enchantment itinerary includes Grand Cayman which is much better than anywhere the Sovereign is going to stop.

I think I would lean to the Enchantment. Leaving on September 30, you are putting your entire vacation in the hands of mother nature and the peak of hurricane season. Leaving from Lauderdale on a full 5 night voyage gives RCI many options for your cruise if there is inclimate weather. Just think, if a hurricane or tropical storm is brewing off the coast of Florida, what do you think a b2b trip on Sovereign will look like?

I think I would lean to the Enchantment. Leaving on September 30, you are putting your entire vacation in the hands of mother nature and the peak of hurricane season. Leaving from Lauderdale on a full 5 night voyage gives RCI many options for your cruise if there is inclimate weather. Just think, if a hurricane or tropical storm is brewing off the coast of Florida, what do you think a b2b trip on Sovereign will look like?

I've been on the 5 night Enchantment, had a blast. But we did Key West, Cozumel and Belize. Have been to Jamaica (wasn't a favorite) and Cayman's is great.

If you're talking back to back 7 night cruises, I'd go the longer cruise because for me I don't particular care what ship or room, I just love to cruise. But my question is, is it back to back 7 night? Or 3 or 4 night back to back?

Also, have you been to the ports the Enchantment or Soverign is going? Or your first time to those ports? Is the itinerary more important? Or just being on a cruise ship?

Guess I didn't really answer your question, I seemed to only give you more.

I've been on the 5 night Enchantment, had a blast. But we did Key West, Cozumel and Belize. Have been to Jamaica (wasn't a favorite) and Cayman's is great.

If you're talking back to back 7 night cruises, I'd go the longer cruise because for me I don't particular care what ship or room, I just love to cruise. But my question is, is it back to back 7 night? Or 3 or 4 night back to back?

Also, have you been to the ports the Enchantment or Soverign is going? Or your first time to those ports? Is the itinerary more important? Or just being on a cruise ship?

Guess I didn't really answer your question, I seemed to only give you more.

Okay the b2b would be 3 nights then 4 nights. I want the prettiest beach/water on my itinerary. I've never been out of the us, and i've never been on a cruise. Is the 5 nights just way too short? that's what i'm afraid of. I've almost convinced myself to convince my mil to go on a 7 nighter on another cruise line (that doesn't charge the deposit for the 3 rd passenger) We are arriving into ft. lauderdale a day early so we will have that day to spend on the beach there. So is 5 nights too short? Is Sovereign too small?

Any cruise is a much too short cruise! 5 nights, 7 nights, 10 nights - all of them are much too short for my liking.

I can only vouch for the Enchantment as I haven't been on the Sovereign, but the Enchantment is a newer ship and has just been stretched and refurbished a bit. Went with several people who had never cruised before and at first they all thought 5 days would be plenty, as they weren't sure they would like it etc. After the 5 days, they were all complaining it wasn't longer.

Doing research, you can probably get 7 day for just as much as either of the choices you're giving yourself. Personally, I'd do a 7 day with more ports, before I did a back to back 3 and 4 night to the same ports over again. since you've never been on a cruise or anywhere else, the good thing about a cruise is you can see so many places in such a short amount of time. And any Caribbean place you go will have tons of beach/water choices if that's what you're looking for.

Archived