Family Harbor Cove or regular balcony? Advice/thoughts please!

djny1077

I would like to take my parents and my 4 yr old son on the 4-day Bermuda cruise on the Horizon. The 3 of them have never been on a cruise before. I've only been on 2, both NCL so I'm a little unfamiliar with Carnival. I am debating between a regular balcony or a Family Harbor Cove balcony. Both my previous cruises, I've had a midship balcony on a higher deck. One of my favorite parts of cruising is sitting out on the balcony at night, feeling the breeze and just taking it all in. I seriously could sleep out there!

These are my thoughts and questions that I'm hoping for some insights and experiences on. I'm thinking that having access to the Family Harbor Lounge would be a big benefit having a 4 year old and a packed out cabin (yes the 4 of us will be in 1 room). If my parents want to sleep in, I can take my son to the lounge for a little while. And I believe there are snacks throughout the day and some drinks out, which would be good for him too. Is having access to the lounge with a little one worth it?

I've read that some people love the Coves and being so close to the water. Because it is partially enclosed, do you lose the breeze, or does it feel any less "balcony"? Or do you have the same experience? I expect to be out there a lot once my son is in bed. (We had hoped for the aft one, but that one sold out before we could make a decision, bummer!).

The cabin available is 2406. I know it will be under the galley. Does anyone have any experience in those rooms on the Horizon? Is the noise going to keep us up all night? I'm also concerned about that.

Again, any thoughts, insight, experiences are all welcome and appreciated! Thank you so much!

It seems that aft view Family Harbor cabin is open. I don't know why it didn't come up when I looked earlier. Is that worth it? Is it weird since the balcony isn't to the end of the ship? It is cabin 2486.

Sorry, I have lots of questions! :D

With your son and parents and different schedules I would recommend the Family cove balcony. If it’s the under the galley there WILL be additional noise so something to consider

Thank you! The aft-extended balcony is still open. The price difference is minimal, so do you think that is the best bet?

So, I decided and booked the Family Harbor Aft-View Extended Balcony room. I was back and forth on the decision, but we all agreed that having access to the lounge with my son, and having a packed room, should be a bonus. I was hesitant on the cove balcony since it is under the galley, and having the extra large balcony sounds real nice, so I ultimately went with the aft-view. I figured it is a short cruise, so its a good time to give it a try!

If anyone is interested, I can post a review after our cruise. It is in September.