port from genoa from Piazza Princepe

allmotormark

I just took a cruise out of genoa port. I had done some research and found mixed messages. So I thought I would clarify some things.

Genoa Piazza Princepe station to get to the cruise port (station martima) all you have to do is exit the station , piazza aquaverde exit and go right along the front of the station, the first street you come to is via Andrea doria. There is a sign directing you to station maritima Make a right and walk all the way down. Cross to the left side first crossing you get to. Still Following the street down you will see a big white building once the street opens up near the water that is what your looking for.

I've seen people say this is a hard walk. It definitely is not. 10 minutes max. I did this with 4 pieces of luggage and me my wife and my 7 year old. To be honest this might be less then walking one end of a large ship to the other.

Also I stayed at the b&b hotel that is across from piazza princepe train station it was clean and super easy to find, and very reasonable.

Genoa is super easy to walk and explore the ally ways and shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also Piazza Princepe station is under construction and at the time I was there (June 29) none of the elevators from the tracks where the train stopped to get down to walk to the main area were working. So when you get off your train you will need to carry your luggage down the initial set of stairs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. We did it last weekend. The lift was working for our train platform and there were escalators from the station also. About 10 mins walk to the main port building. There were 2 MSC ships in and ours was the further away one so had to walk another 400 along a flat board walk to get to it. Certainly a doable walk if you are fit and healthy.