Caring Excursion in Puerto Rico August 8, 2018

We were on the Harmony of the Seas the week of August 4th. My sister in law did the Caring Excursion in Puerto Rico and wanted to share her experience -

I did the caring excursion with my 19-year old son on August 15, 2018 and it was a great experience.

The getshopped PR group that runs the tour has worked diligently with the La Perla community - a very impoverished yet extremely private neighborhood / community.

The day we were there, our sub-team of 4 out of 20 total, were assigned to the greenhouse. Although it was HOT, we really felt that we made a good contribution to helping out the community. The rest of the group were assigned other gardening tasks. Each group is assigned something based on the true needs of the community.

We also learned some history and had an authentic Puerto Rican lunch at a family owned restaurant that was recently reopened.

We were told by getshopped PR that 100% of the fee that Royal Caribbean charges goes to the restaurant (for lunch) or to the La Perla community or to the bus for the transportation