Need beach help

HarleyChick

I read Colonial's post about the Beach Club not always being open, and so I emailed the owner. She advises me that the club is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. She was closed one day when the island was flooded (quite understandable). Sherri was very inviting and generous, and my family is looking forward to going snorkeling there on our Elation cruise next week. I will report back with more details upon our return!

Yvonne in Texas

• 5 months later...

From reading this thread, we are almost decided on Playa Palancar for our visit to Cozumel in January, just one thing... how are the bathrooms?

We are looking for a sand dune beach (having spent our best summers at the National Seashore on Cape Cod). We definitely don't care about water toys, but need the umbrellas and lounges...we might want to snorkel too, and like the idea of food being available, so this sounds nearly perfect! Just really worried that the bathrooms might be less than acceptable.

We went to Nachi-Cocom Beach Club, some locals steered us there. Nice beach to swim in, grass huts, hammocks and chairs. I think we payed 3 bucks a person. The were 10 cruise ships in port that day and there were maybe 40 people, if that at Nachi. They also had a great pool w/ a hot tub. Both were swim up bars... Very nice.

It is just past Playa Mia, anytime you look to the right you could see massive crowds at that beach. It was a great relaxing day but way too short...

Archived