Long review of the Westerdam Jan Bahamas cruise

tammyp5

Tammy...

Even we "mere" mortals have to "fear" the paparrazzi! Now, I definitely think I'm going to wear my pants over my bathing suit on the entire horseback riding excursion!

Even though I try to take our cruise photos without "other" people in them...it is hard to do...just when you go to "click" the camera, people always seem to appear when you thought there weren't any.

We've got the video tape of our 2002 cruise floating around out "there" somewhere...our camcorder got stolen onboard the second day of our cruise and was never recovered...no video memories of that trip...except for a copy that a shipmate took and was kind enough to send it to us (he was on a number of the same excursions with us). Sadly, he wasn't present when we renewed our wedding vows on the ship, so the only momentos we have of that wonderful experience are a couple pictures the ships photographer took (and our memories, of course).

Debjo

thanks for the great review. We will be in sc6158 in April.

You mentioned the suite guests could dine in the pinnacle for breakfast and lunch. Is there a cover charge for that like there is for dinner.

Ref Neptune lounge....sounds wonderful but I know they do not serve alcohol. Would you be permited to take a glass of wine or a beer inside with you?

Hi Katiedid,

You will love the aft suites!

There is no cover charge for suite guests for breakfast or lunch. The program printed that the Pinnacle was closed for these meals, but we received an invitation in our suite that told us we could go there. We tried it once for breakfast and we were the only guests there for about 20 minutes. I'm surprised that the boards don't talk more about the amount of "mail" you will receive during the cruise. We received something about three times a day - each time we left the cabin, it seems. The "suite" invitations are on smaller cards - don't miss those.

You are right about no alcohol service in the Neptune. Our trip, the lounge was very quiet each time we visited (usually once in the morning for cappucino, and once in the evening for light appetizers). They have the coffee machine (wonderful!), plus some juice (not very good IMO), and tea. Lots of people wander the ship with drinks, so I don't think there would be a problem with you bringing in some wine to enjoy in one of the sitting areas. Some people brought their laptops and were working in there at times, and others played cards or Scrabble. I believe it is yours to enjoy.

Have a wonderful trip. Be sure to post a review!

For Tammy...

Do you remember if the Cappucino Machine in the Neptune Lounge had flavored cappucino...i.e. French Vanilla or Hazelnut? I've read so many raves about the cappucino, yet no one has mentioned "flavors".

Debjo

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I hit "reply" and my screen went blank

Debjo - no french vanilla in the Neptune. Too bad - I love that stuff. The capuccino and the lattes are creamy and good, though. maybe a bit too much foam for the small glasses. You have yellow, pink and blue sweetener packets, raw sugar and regular sugar. I think there may be brown sugar as well.

There is a hot chocolate button on the machine. I didn't try it.

Maybe you can carry those small containers of vanilla tablets so your coffee will be custom blended every morning! I sometimes travel with those since hotel room coffee just isn't up to par for me.

Have a great day!

Thanks again Tammy...

Guess I've another item to add to my packing list. You are being such a big help in my "planning". I really appreciate your attention to details when you were on the WESTERDAM...I guess between us, we'll have no stone left unturned!

Debjo

Archived