South East Asia cruise December 2017 with Avalon Waterways - Blog with photos

TravelingAngel

My husband and I took a Mekong River cruise with Avalon Waterways last December and it was wonderful. I thought I would share my blog with fellow cruisers who may be taking this cruise this year, or who may be thinking about taking it; it is a cruise I highly recommend.

Here is the link:    https://4theluvoftravel.blogspot.com/2018/01/our-south-east-asia-adventure-december.html

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Thank you for your blog.  Its a wonderful review and made us really excited for our trip.  

We are going to be doing a similar itinerary in 2020 with Avalon.  It appears that Bangkok will be part of our itinerary and include 1. Arrival day, day 2 with a 1/2 day tour and another free day.  We are trying to decide whether to add an extra day on.  Did you feel that you had enough time in Bangkok or have regrets about not getting out of the city.  

Thanks for your thoughts.  

Hi Jean,

I am glad you enjoyed my blog.

We had two full days and 3 nights in Bangkok and while one can always spend more time in a place so far from home, we felt that we saw most of what interested us and were very happy with the amount of time we had; I don't believe another day would have enhanced our experience very much.  If anything, the next time, I would arrange to spend some time in Thailand at a resort on the sea or in the jungle, simply to experience more of the country than just Bangkok. 

Whatever you decide, you will love this itinerary and traveling with Avalon!  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Happy Traveling!✈️

Angelika