Adventure Ocean questions

Does anybody have a real review on the Adventure Ocean program for Navigator of the Seas? The 12-14 program. As you can see im going on NOTS in June and I wanted some info about it before I left. Like activitys and things. Thanks! :D

EDIT: The info websites are giving me dont really explain in detail what RCCL has to offer to teens. They mostly explain the younger ones facilitys. Thanks

This may help you a little bit--we were on Mariner of the Seas in October 2004 and my son was in that age group. I'm sure the activities vary somewhat from ship to ship, but this should give you some idea. I know there was a special group trip to Johnny Rockets on one of the nights (maybe more?) and also a time when the rock climbing wall was reserved just for his age group for a contest to see who had the fastest time. Also, I remember one night they had a "hotty hunt". Kind of like a scavenger hunt, but they went around with instant cameras and took pictures (I hope I have this info right) of kids their age who weren't in the teen program. I think maybe it was kind of a way to encourage other teens to get involved in the program, while making it fun for the ones already involved. I may be totally wrong about that one, but when my son explained it to me, I think it was something like that. There were nights when they went to the teen disco and had time in there to listen to music, dance & mingle. (My son had fun with this because one of the counselors actually let him be the DJ. Do they still call them DJ's?) I think there were also some organized sports, some late night trips to the pool and just some hanging out time in the Living Room. At the end of the cruise, they got plain bandanas that they got to color in and they exchanged email addresses with the other teens in their group. Sorry, I'm sure there's SO much more they did but that's all I can think of right now and I'm at work, so I can't ask my son. Hope it helps some though!

^^^ Thanks a bunch, that really did help. :). I guess Adventure ocean is mostly the same on all of the Voyager Family ships. I was just looking for info like you said: the rock wall, and scavenger hunts. Because most websites i was looking at dont elaberate on the activitys. Thanks for your help :):D

Thanks for the info-I will also have a 14 yo; a 7yo & there will be a -not quite 3 yo in our group. My 14 yo thinks she'd rather hang with us. Im hoping she'll change her mind and do some adventures with kids her own age! Thats part of the fun-being away from your 'rents but close enough by them!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info-I will also have a 14 yo; a 7yo & there will be a -not quite 3 yo in our group. My 14 yo thinks she'd rather hang with us. Im hoping she'll change her mind and do some adventures with kids her own age! Thats part of the fun-being away from your 'rents but close enough by them!

Enjoy!

I'm also afraid of this (in a nice way).....my 14 yr old wanting to hang with us because she doesn't want to hang with the younger kids (12-13...I know. Common sense applies here but this is a teenager we're talking about! ha). I'm sure she rather hang with the 15-17 yr old grouping. Would they even allow this? I'm guessing not for the same reasons for them.

I also have a 14yo daughter sailing with us and have a question regarding the teen disco. RCI's website states the disco is for ages 13-17, however, I downloaded a Compass from an Explorer OTS from a cruise last year and it states that Optix is open for ages 15-17. My daughter is a little disappointed by this as she was looking forward to the disco. Any feedback?

Archived