Wondering about excursions

Hello! 

I am cruising with you in March and I’ve been wondering about time for excursions. I understand that optional excursions are available on board, but after looking at the MS  Nordkapp southbound schedule, I’m not seeing very long of a stop in each port. Doesn’t look like time to walk around or take tours. How does that work?

Also, is there a water hot pot in N class polar outside rooms? I’m one of those people that like their coffee as soon as I arise. Would rather not go to the restaurant without coffee. 

Is there someone to help with camera settings when/ if we are lucky enough to see the northern lights? Do you have tripods on board we may borrow, or should I bring my own? Worried about stowing a bunch of luggage in the smallish room. 

I am really looking forward to this cruise!! I’ve wanted to do this for at least 10 years now but couldn’t get my husband to go with me due to the cold weather. I finally decided to just go on my own!! Come on March!! 

Thank you you for allowing us to ask questions!

Valerie C. 

Texas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Valerie, I’m glad you’re so excited to join us! Let’s see how I do on answering all of your questions.. On the southbound cruise in March, you’ll have plenty of time to explore ports like Hammerfest, Svolvaer, Brønnøysund, and Trondheim, with a few hours at each. You’re welcome to join any of our planned excursions, or discover those towns on your own. Regarding the coffee, I’m afraid there’s no hot pot in the Polar Outside cabins; you can get coffee at the restaurant, which is included in your fare, or you can visit our café on board. All of our cruises include an expedition team, and that includes a photographer, so yes, there will be someone on board to help with any questions you may have! We do not have any tripods on board for rent, however, so if you’re determined to get a specific shot on your own, I would recommend bringing a tripod with you. I’m so pleased you’ll be joining us in March, and look forward to hearing from you once you’ve returned!

• Like 1

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for answering all my questions. I'm one of those excessive planners! In researching for a better idea on what to expect, bring, wear on this trip, I noticed there are not many reviews or roll calls here on Cruise Critic. What a shame for such a unique experience that you offer. I've started a roll call for my March 17-22 MS Nordkapp Southbound cruise and will write a review when I return home. 

I wanted you to know now how much I enjoy the ships individual Facebook page! A really nice way to get to know the ship and what to expect. 

Only about out a month away now. I'm excited! 

Thanks again, 

Valerie