chat app on board RCCL?

I will be on RCCL for the first time next month.  On Carnival, they have an onboard app called the Hub which allows you to "text" your friends on the ship for a one time cost of $5 per person for the length of the cruise.  Does RCCL have anything like this?

1 hour ago, orthonurse1 said:

I will be on RCCL for the first time next month.  On Carnival, they have an onboard app called the Hub which allows you to "text" your friends on the ship for a one time cost of $5 per person for the length of the cruise.  Does RCCL have anything like this?

Royal has that capability, but only on a very few ships.  I believe only Quantum class ships (for $8 per device per cruise) and Allure (no extra charge).  iMessage is also still reported to work for free on Harmony.

• 1 month later...

Is the Royal IQ app or any other chat option available on the Symphony of the Seas?  We've been on the Harmony before and used it often.  I don't see anything confirming it is on the Symphony...but I don't know why it wouldn't be!  Please confirm!!

10 minutes ago, FLHokie08 said:

Is the Royal IQ app or any other chat option available on the Symphony of the Seas?  We've been on the Harmony before and used it often.  I don't see anything confirming it is on the Symphony...but I don't know why it wouldn't be!  Please confirm!!

The app that is supported on SYmphony is called the Royal Caribbean International App.

As of today, that app does not support chat on Symphony.  However, that capability might be available for your cruise as Royal is rolling it out to the fleet.

Even without chat, you can use the app for the Cruise Compass, reservations, etc.