Panama Canal

LisaFlyer

We are new to Seabourn and are interested in the Panama Canal. Do you guys do your own airfare or do you go through Seabourn? We will be coming from Virginia and have plenty of FF miles, but since we would need one way tickets and Delta doesn't do one way, we would probably be looking for the most economical tickets. This will be our first "non-Carnival" cruise and are really looking forward to being pampered. We would be traveling in 2007. Also, any suggestions to which time of the year is better?

Also, does Seabourn offer any scuba diving excursions or can we book scuba excursions on our own?

Lisa

I always make my own flight and hotel reservations. I can use USAir FF miles even when the leaving and arriving airports are not the same. I also use another indurance provider. That being said, I have used the Seabourn service that provides transfer from the airport to the ship in both Monaco and Malaga. Many times I use one of the services to the airport when disembarking. I think it's particulary important in NYC and Ft Lauderdale on those Sundays when many ships are in port and cabs can be scarce.

I am also a fan of their DHL luggage service, although it's not cheap. I love finding my huge suitcase on the bed in my suite when I arrive. Well, the champagne and the canapes are also a welcome sight!

I hope this helps. I am looking forward to my first Canal cruise in '07 as well.

We are new to Seabourn and are interested in the Panama Canal. Do you guys do your own airfare or do you go through Seabourn? We will be coming from Virginia and have plenty of FF miles, but since we would need one way tickets and Delta doesn't do one way, we would probably be looking for the most economical tickets. This will be our first "non-Carnival" cruise and are really looking forward to being pampered. We would be traveling in 2007. Also, any suggestions to which time of the year is better?

Also, does Seabourn offer any scuba diving excursions or can we book scuba excursions on our own?

Lisa

Hi--don't understand your comment about Delta doing only one way tickets--I currently have two one way tickets from Tucson to St Thomas, and Ft Lauderdale to Tucson--I booked them separately using F.F. miles. It cost a few extra miles to book one way, but I wanted to be sure to get seats, so I booked exactly 330 days in advance. I have not used Seabourn for flight arrangements. Like Jane we have used there precruise hotel arrangements many times!!! If you do the canal you should read the book--"Path Between the Seas" by McClough (sp ? ) Its make the passage much more interesting! I'm sure that Seabourn can help with scuba arrangements, but I think most people do there own. You are going to love Seabourn--Welcome Aboard!!!

Hi LisaFlyer, In response to your question regarding Air for your Panama Canal cruise, have you tried the DELTA website with an "Open Jaws" flight itinerary? We have used this on numerous occasions including our April 9Th cruise, St.Thomas to Fort Lauderdale. SFO - STT and FLL - SFO. On the DELTA web page, select "OTHER SEARCH OPTIONS" then on next screen select "MULTIPLE CITIES"

Select your flight schedules Virginia - FLL then San Jose, Costa Rica - Virginia . Select flight schedules you want and DELTA will give pricing. Try the same on Travelocity or Expedia if DELTA. Hope this helps.

Less than 80 days now til we board the Legend again. The pictures of the refit that were posted by the Captain during the docking were very,very good.

I was told by an airline reservations agent that for an open-jaw booking to be valid, the open jaw part (the part you are NOT flying), can't be greater in distance than either of the two legs.

Thus, ATL-MIA with return SJU-ATL is a valid (because MIA-SJU is shorter than either flight segment). Let's say, however, you're doing a MIA-LAX Panama Canal trip: ATL-MIA, returning LAX-ATL is NOT valid open-jaw since MIA-LAX is greater than either of the actual flight segments.

I don't know how this rule is applied in the case of frequent-flyer tickets.

Hi we are probably one of the few who used Seabourn to make our air arrangements. For what we needed Seabourn was competitative with expedia or orbitz for the cost of the flights. In addition we got transfers not only from the airport to the hotel and then to the port included. At the time we booked Seabourn did not tell us that we would come in a day early and Seabourn booked us into the Intercontinental in San Jose which was included in the quote. The arrangements were so flawless that it made the cruise much more enjoyable. Shorex was the company that Seabourn was using in Costa Rica for the transfers etc.

Hannah

*h**ks ***ry*** **r *h* s****s****s!!! *'** **** D**** * **** *****- p*rh*ps *h* p*rs** * w*s sp**k*** w**h d*d*'* h*** **** **d*rs***d*** ** *h* r***s** H***y **d * ***'* w*** ** **!!! W* **k* **r***** **r *h* ****** *h**p sh*r* *r**s*s, *** * j*s* ***'* w*** ** *** p*mp*r*d!!!!

**s*

Archived