Port Of La To Disneyland

cornish erika

Approximately 30-35 miles. I would call a shuttle company instead of a taxi. Do a search for LAX or LGB, you will find ground info there. If there is no traffic, the drive time will be around 30-45 minutes. It depends on the day and time of day, it could take a lot longer in rush hour traffic.

Have fun!

I hope this link works for you!

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll

Do you have your DLand hotel booked yet? Sometimes they have shuttles, although from that distance, I'm pretty sure it would be a pay shuttle.

And I will second that it is at least 45 minutes, as long as you stay out of rush hour. Then it could be a lot longer.

Near the Queen Mary in Long Beach is a car rental company. I believe it is Enterprise. The easiest and the cheepest way is to rent a car for the day. The highway is very easy to find your way to Disneyland. Just pull it up on mapquest.

Your other option would be SuperShuttle but that gets a bit pricey. I am taking a limo from my house to the QE 2 because it is much cheaper.

Good luck and have a lot of fun.:)

RAD

You will be disembarking on a Wednesday, according to your itinerary, traffic after 9am will not be so bad. I'd also recommend a rental car, but it might be more of a hassle than it's worth. Unless you are used to driving our freeways and know your way around, you could get hopelessly lost.

The Disneyland area, especially if you stay at one of the Disney properties, is quite compact and you would have no need for a car while you're staying there. If I were going to be in an area for a short time like you, I'd tend towards having a local shuttle deliver me to where I needed to be.

You'll have a great time there, weekdays are not so crowded and you'll have the opportunity to get on more rides than if you were there on the weekend.

Have a great trip, I'm so very jealous of you, going to two of my favorite places!

We Are On The Qm2 Soon And Disembarking At Los Angfeles And Taking The Kids To Disneyland For 2 Nights

Does Anyone Know How Far Away The Port Is From Anaheim??

Would It Be Easy In A Taxi??

Any Ideas Would Be Appreciated

Erika

I advise the shuttle to a hotel near Disneyland (there are a TON of hotels, take your pick :) and most offer shuttles from the hotel to disneyland and back). Driving in Orange County, if you're not familiar with our roads or drivers, can be very confusing, not to mention frustrating, in bad traffic.....AND you'd have to pay for parking at Disneyland and/or your hotel.

While you're there, if you're going to the park for 2 days, get a 2-day park hopper pass. It allows you to come back the following day and you could go to California Days adventure park (easy walking from Disneyland). It has a different flavor to it and it's lower key than Disneyland but it's fun in it's own way. Besides, after an exciting day at Disneyland, you might be in the mood for something a little more relaxing :)

You will be disembarking on a Wednesday, according to your itinerary...
I thought the QM2 was arriving in LA on Monday the 23rd, and was planning on driving over to the port to see it off that night. Is there an updated schedule?

thank you very much

everyone is so kind to take the time to answer my questions

i think we will take a shuttle rather than hire a car

we hired on in miami last year and someone crashed into the rear of us

i have driven in the states before, but now we have 2 little ones and anything to ease the stress is preferable

i'm going to look on the links to find out where i would get a shuttle from

we are staying at one of the disney hotels so perhaps i ought to email them.

the QM2 is definately in la for wednesday 22nd february and not the monday, so long as the south american trip goes according to plan now

if anyone knows how we would get a shuttle it would be good to know

thanks erika

the QM2 is definately in la for wednesday 22nd february and not the monday...
Aahhh... I see now that it's the QE2 that will be in the port of LA this Monday. Not nearly as interesting as the QM2. I also see the QM2 will be in port on Feb 25 (a Saturday) and March 8th.

i think we will take a shuttle rather than hire a car

i'm going to look on the links to find out where i would get a shuttle from

We've used Prime Time Shuttle from the Port of LA to where we live near Disneyland, and there were plenty of Supershuttle vans at the Port as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either. In the first link below the port is referred to as "Los Angeles World Cruise Ship Terminal - San Pedro Harbor"

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/ports_we_serve.htm

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/lax.htm

Archived