Embarkation Day On The Liberty

Big Spanker

We will be sailing the liberty 03/26/2006. Heard about all of the lines, Waits etc for embarkation. I have a few questions since we Booked the whole trip ourselves and will not be using Carnival transportation and luggage transfers.

We will arrive by Taxi where do we tell them to drop us off?

Do we carry our luggage checked and carryon all the way through the line?

What terminal will the ship come in and is it posted?

Any hints or suggestions?

We plan to be there early as we are arriving a few days ahead

Traveling with my wife and two teenage daughters who pack everything.

Thanks

Deanhamy:)

Will be on this sailing also. It is obvious which "terminal" you go to. There will be signs and also you can usually see your boat as you drive up. There will be porters ready to take your bags as soon as you are dropped off. (They do want to be tipped.) Have your colored tags on the bags you want them to take. Realize you won't get those bags for awhile-they will be delivered to your room in the evening sometime. If you are not in your room they will place them at your door. Keep your carry on with you with things you might need to get ready for dinner.

The Liberty is at Pier 19. There are signs and your taxi driver will know where to drop you off.

I posted a review of last week's Liberty cruise and included a lot of info about embarkation. You can find it on this board. It's called 'Liberty 1/7/06 Eastern Caribbean review'.

My suggestion is to get there between 10:00 and 10:45. If you can't find the other thread, I'll be happy to repeat some of the info here. Just let me know.

The porters will expect $1/bag. I've heard they can be very demanding. Because we were there at 10:00 and we drove, we just wheeled our own luggage over to the collection area but the gal still expected a tip. We gladly gave one so that we knew it would get on the ship.

Have a great cruise and let me know if you have any other questions after reading the other post. Since you will probably only be interested in the embarkation info, just scroll down to embarkation...which is right near the top anyway. I answered some other questions regarding embarkation further down in the thread. Some of those may interest you as well.

Enjoy!

Archived