Embarkation Day Question

YooperGirlontheSea

My husband and I will be on the Carnival Legend this April (Honolulu to Vancouver). Although we have cruised many times before, we have never been to Hawaii. The process seems to be a little different as the ship does not leave until 11:00 pm. Our check in time is 12:30. We have several questions about this process and couldn't seem to find answers elsewhere. If we check in and board the ship that early, are we able to disembark , explore a bit of the city on our own and then re-board? If possible, how difficult is this - do we have to go through the same process in terminal of waiting to board, Is the terminal and traffic crazy busy ?etc.? What would be the back on board time? When is the muster drill done? Any information about boarding, embarkation, transportation tips, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We are on the same cruise- the documents say you must be back on board by 6pm the latest so you could probably leave but wouldn't have all day.  Our check-in time is 1:30 but we will probably just do stuff during the day and get there around 3-4pm to check-in and stay there.  From others I have talked to, it seems like muster drill is at 9:30 or 10pm