Has anyoned stayed at the Hilton at the airport in Seattle??

Skylarr29

From a facility perspective, the Sea-Tac Hilton is quite a nice establishment. If you can get a good deal on the room, it would be a great place to stay. It is quite new and I can recommend it. My company uses it for meetings/conventions and I have both attended meetings there and stayed in the hotel several times. The rooms are clean, the staff is great, they have a lovely pool/jacuzzi, and nice grounds. It is close to the airport and I believe provides free transportation to/from the airport.

You do not mention which cruise line you are on, so I can only generalize on distance and transfers. As far as convenience to your cruise ship, the airport is 10 miles or so from downtown Seattle where all the ships dock; However, depending on what time of day you are trying to get to downtown; traffic can make that trip anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more. Transportation is available from the airport in many ways, i.e. taxi, shuttles, towncars. And the Hilton would be able to help arrange that as well. I am not sure how a cruise transfer from the airport area to the port would work, it might work better to arrange yourself.

Hope this helps.

We stayed at the Radisson Gateway last year when we flew in for our cruise. It is at the entrance to the airport, less than a 5 minute walk (out the front door, make a right and walk to the end of the sidewalk!) We got in late and wanted an airport close to the hotel. It was quiet, rooms were nice, service was good and there are inexpensive places to eat just down the block, an easy walk.

We were very glad we were so close when they lost my SIL luggage. Turns out it fell of the conveyer belt and was lying on the tarmac. When they called to say they found it, we walked over, picked up the luggage and were back in our rooms in less than 15 minutes. Before they found his bags, it looked like we would have to get to a shopping center first thing in the morning, they were more than happy to arrange a car and driver (for a price of course) to get us there quickly, help us shop and get us back to the airport to get our flight to Anchorage.

Enjoy your cruise, Alaska is such an amazing place.

Archived