Guide Books to Cozumel: A Dilemma

CozSally

Okay folks, here’s the dilemma… I have two very good friends who don’t know each other. Both have independently written guides to Cozumel. I want to support both of them, as they have done a fine job of presenting my home, Cozumel. So… in no particular order, I’d like to present TWO guides to Cozumel: “Cozumel: the Complete Guide” and “Best of Cozumel”, by the author of Local Knowledge Travel Guides. Local Knowledge also recently published two additional guides “Best of Playa del Carmen” and “Best of Isla Mujeres”. The following descriptions come direct from their website and press release.

Cozumel Vacation the complete guide offers more than 200 pages of reviews, business listings, tours, attractions, and money saving tips for island visitors. Cozumel, the largest island in Mexico is a vacation hotspot visited by thousands of people each day. Some stay only for a day and some stay for weeks at a time. Visitors travel to Cozumel arriving by plane, ferry, and cruise ship. This beautiful island has long been known as a cruise ship and diver's paradise. World-famous dive sites discovered by Jacques Cousteau and beautiful white beaches, Mexico's Cozumel is home to one of the biggest barrier reef systems in the world. For the past ten years, author Patricia A. Holt has been coming to Cozumel and experiencing all it has to offer. The one thing Cozumel was missing was a complete guidebook for visitors to find things. That was her purpose in compiling over 10 years of real life experience into the perfect island directory. Now you can benefit from the knowledge she has gained visiting Cozumel for more than a decade. You can relax and enjoy your vacation knowing that anything you need to know from A to Z is at your fingertips. If you are coming to Cozumel for the first time or coming back for the 10th time this book is a must have for your travel bag. THE PRICE IS THE BEST PART ONLY $12.99. (My note: this is the download price, the paperback is $17.95 plus shipping.)

You get complete listings, reviews, and prices of all: restaurants, tour operators, rental companies, hotels, shops, AND you will have all local phone numbers, websites, emails, and contact information. The book also has a map and gives directions on how to get around and where to go.

Local Knowledge Travel Guides provide a unique and unbiased format designed to easily lead visitors to the best traveling options in Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen or Isla Mujeres, Mexico.

The innovative and pocket-sized format puts travelers in control as soon as they arrive. Easy to carry in a purse, fanny pack, shorts or coat pocket. Each book is a concise collection of the best of each destination conveniently categorized into dozens of user-friendly sections. A sampling of sections include, palm shaded spots for lunch, dinner or a cocktail, local art, exquisitely prepared seafood and lobster, romantic dining, restaurants with great wine lists, family restaurants, live music, jewelry, shops for female swimwear, out-of-the-way beach bars, pick-up volleyball, bicycle rentals, pharmacies, golf courses, fishing and dive charters.

Thirty years of experience traveling the area and the author's comfortable, conversational style, culminate in an authoritative, information packed must read for any traveler. Whether it's filling your shopping bag, searching for fine silver, spending idle time on the beach, experiencing local cuisine or even touring a sea turtle preserve, Local Knowledge has found it for you.

Three separate books for southern Mexico's most captivating destinations. Each book features colorful photographs and maps. Any group, style or age visitor will find Local Knowledge indispensable when touring these islands and communities.

4" x 6", passport size, $14.95 (includes shipping and handling), Playa Del Carmen - 80 pgs., Cozumel - 110 pgs, Isla Mujeres - 122 pgs., available only from local-knowledge.net, or localknowledgetravelguides.com.

Cozumel The Complete Guide has extensive listings of ALL lodging available on the Island, including a brand new small local inexpensive hotel in town. Over 80 dining places, a ton of shopping, tours etc. There is also a chapter on community service for those who wish to contribute of participate in local charitable organizations. The even newer edition updated in Jan with new addresses etc and additional businesses will be available Feb 10th from www.guide2cozumel.com. That version is available in ebook now. It will also be available on Cozumel Feb 10th. Remember a portion of the profits are donated to Chrysalis Group.

• 1 year later...
Cozumel The Complete Guide has extensive listings of ALL lodging available on the Island, including a brand new small local inexpensive hotel in town. Over 80 dining places, a ton of shopping, tours etc. There is also a chapter on community service for those who wish to contribute of participate in local charitable organizations. The even newer edition updated in Jan with new addresses etc and additional businesses will be available Feb 10th from www.guide2cozumel.com. That version is available in ebook now. It will also be available on Cozumel Feb 10th. Remember a portion of the profits are donated to Chrysalis Group.

Do you know where I could download the newer version? The link above isn't working and I've found places to download the 2005 version. I'd love to have the newer update.

Archived