Hotel in Kiel or Hamburg???

Hello everyone, we are taking a cruise out of Kiel May 2020. We plan on flying in 2 days early and not sure where to get a hotel. We have never been to either city. I see there is a HOHO bus in Kiel. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Sailing,

Candy

I personally would stay in Hamburg. My baggage could be delayed on flight for example, or my flight is late at all. If the weather is bad - cloudy like on most days -, Hamburg is a much better place - compared to Kiel - for activities, and if the weather is good, you're really a lucky one!

Transportation from Hamburg to Kiel: at least 2 trains per hour; journey duration less than 1½ hrs

See my Hamburg-Gallery and thread JMHamburg and others please help with Hamburg for more information.

EDIT: During 'Harbor Birthday' 08 to 10 May 2020, hotels may be outsold!

Edited by JMHamburg

4 minutes ago, JMHamburg said:

I personally would stay in Hamburg. My baggage could be delayed on flight for example, or my flight is late at all. If the weather is bad - cloudy like on most days -, Hamburg is a much better place - compared to Kiel - for activities, and if the weather is good, you're really a lucky one!

Transportation from Hamburg to Kiel: at least 2 trains per hour; journey duration less than 1½ hrs

See my Hamburg-Gallery and thread JMHamburg and others please help with Hamburg for more information.

EDIT: During 'Harbor Birthday' 08 to 10 May 2020, hotels may be outsold!

Thank you so much for the advice. I have looked at your photos they are beautiful and will start to read your thread. Also, a very big thank you about the birthday. I want to book our hotels ASAP. Since our cruise leaves on Thursday, would you recommend coming in 1 or 2 days early? I have never booked a long vacation this early in the year. I will have to check out how many days of PTO I will have available. Work always getting in the way of life.

Have a fantastic day,

Candy