Hawaii Pre-Cruise Hilton Village - Can we check in at Mariott NCL desk?

kowkitty

Hi :)

We are so excited for our cruise on Pride of Aloha to Hawaii!! Our first trip to the Islands.

We booked 3 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village prior to the cruise. I understand that the Mariott has a NCL check in desk.... Is it only for Mariott guests or can we stop in to the Mariott the night before to start the check in procedure and sign up for excursions?

Is the Mariott within walking distance to the Hilton?

Love the idea of doing everything early and it looks like a great hotel but... we really want to stay at the Hilton.

Thanks for any input

Jackie

Hi :)

We are so excited for our cruise on Pride of Aloha to Hawaii!! Our first trip to the Islands.

We booked 3 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village prior to the cruise. I understand that the Mariott has a NCL check in desk.... Is it only for Mariott guests or can we stop in to the Mariott the night before to start the check in procedure and sign up for excursions?

Is the Mariott within walking distance to the Hilton?

Love the idea of doing everything early and it looks like a great hotel but... we really want to stay at the Hilton.

Thanks for any input

Jackie

If you booked this through NCLA, you can (it never used to be this way, but I read a CC post a few months ago saying that now they allowed this). If not through NCLA, you can't.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Does NCLA mean through NCL directly?? We booked on the Norweign cruise lines website. Hopefully that means we can check in at the Mariott without staying there...

Thanks again

Ho Kowkitty,

NCLA stands for Norwegian Cruise Lines America. This is the "division" of NCL that handles the American flagged ships (i.e. POAloha, POAmerica & POHawaii). If you booked the hotel on the NCL website, you'll be able to do the pre-boarding check-in and reserve excursions.

The Hilton is located on the far west end of Waikiki, and the Marriott is on the far east end. They're just about one mile apart. We've stayed at both, and enjoyed both very much, but for different reasons. It's just MHO, but if this your first time in the islands, I think you'll enjoy the Hilton more. It has more of a tropical Hawaiian feel to it (some say it's a bit too touristy), but we have really enjoyed our stays there. I has it's own stretch of beach that never gets too crowded, and it's right next to Fort DeRussey Park, which doesn't get very crowded either (however all beaches on the islands are open to the public). I also feel like the pool grounds are the best for any of the beachside Waikiki hotels we've stayed at and/or walked through. There are a lot of restaurants on the property, although very pricey for what you get. I do think it's worth it to spluge and try the Bali Hai or the Chinese restaurant (the name escapes me right now - I must be having a senior moment fifteen years too soon:eek: !).

Lot's of info on the area on the Hawaii ports-of-call forum, so spend some time searching around there, and I'm sure you'll find the answers to questions that might come up.

Have a great trip!

Archived