Just back from Jewel of the Seas

loug1601

Sailed Jan 22 thru Jan 28, 2006. We had a GREAT time with not so great weather.

Our Grand Suite #1552 was wonderful. We are booked on the Freedom on Sept 3, 2006 and our Suite # is also 1552! What are the chances of that happening.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pat

Sailed Jan 22 thru Jan 28, 2006. We had a GREAT time with not so great weather.

Our Grand Suite #1552 was wonderful. We are booked on the Freedom on Sept 3, 2006 and our Suite # is also 1552! What are the chances of that happening.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pat

Hello,

I am so glad to hear that you had a great time on the Jewel of the Seas. My husband and I are hopefully sailing on her towards the end of the year. We are looking at the exact stateroom that you had...1552. How was this stateroom as far as location on the ship and most importantly...did you hear any noise from the deck above? I know that the pool is over this area and have often wondered if you could hear any noise from the pool such as people moving deck chairs or walking around.....things like that. Did you enjoy the concierge service?

Thank you so much in advance for any information about 1552. Enjoy your Freedom cruise!

Wendy

Hi Toadsister,

The only time I heard noise (music) was one night when they had a "Dancing under the Stars" night. The music ended at 1:00am, then all was quiet. I heard the music for sure, but it was not awful.

I loved the location! It is the first cabin befor the hump. The view was clear forward and straight out. Of course to the right, looking towards the back of the ship, there was the hump. I would not like to be BEHIND the hump, but in front of it was teriffic.

The concierge lounge was a 15 second walk. We did not spend much time in there, but it was nice. We did have the concierge make a few shore excursions, which saved us from going down to deck 4 and standing in line to do this. The had a few items out for most of the day. Danish, cheese, fruit, a few desserts, and one chafing dish of hot items in the evening.

The hot items were similar to spring rolls, fried shrimp, pigs in a blanket, etc. We did not have any cordials, wine or drinks of any kind so I cannot comment on that.

We have been to Disney Polynesian many times. The concierge experience there is much more laid back. We prefer this. The Jewel concierge was a little "stuffy" for us. However, the room location is wonderful. There is also a huge overhang over the rooms in the area. It was great! Many folks could not use their balconies due to the rain, but we could! Always dry deck furniture.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I have to go to work now.

Pat :)

PS: Our laptop worked in our room using the wifi wireless system!

Hi Toadsister,

The only time I heard noise (music) was one night when they had a "Dancing under the Stars" night. The music ended at 1:00am, then all was quiet. I heard the music for sure, but it was not awful.

I loved the location! It is the first cabin befor the hump. The view was clear forward and straight out. Of course to the right, looking towards the back of the ship, there was the hump. I would not like to be BEHIND the hump, but in front of it was teriffic.

The concierge lounge was a 15 second walk. We did not spend much time in there, but it was nice. We did have the concierge make a few shore excursions, which saved us from going down to deck 4 and standing in line to do this. The had a few items out for most of the day. Danish, cheese, fruit, a few desserts, and one chafing dish of hot items in the evening.

The hot items were similar to spring rolls, fried shrimp, pigs in a blanket, etc. We did not have any cordials, wine or drinks of any kind so I cannot comment on that.

We have been to Disney Polynesian many times. The concierge experience there is much more laid back. We prefer this. The Jewel concierge was a little "stuffy" for us. However, the room location is wonderful. There is also a huge overhang over the rooms in the area. It was great! Many folks could not use their balconies due to the rain, but we could! Always dry deck furniture.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I have to go to work now.

PS: Our laptop worked in our room using the wifi wireless system!

Hi and thank you for that wonderful information. You must have read my mind because I did mean to ask you about the wifi service as I hope to bring along the laptop.

That is good news about the lack of noise...one night of island music will not bother us at all. The closeness of the concierge lounge sounds great. And..the view...well, there is nothing better than watching the sunset from your balcony and enjoying the ocean views. I like the fact that there is an overhang to keep you dry and also protect from too much sun.

Thank you again for all of the information you provided. I appreciate it very much. Hope you have a good day at work.

Wendy

iukbsn,

Yes there is a charge for using the wifi. It is .50 cents per minute, or you can buy a package of minutes for a reduced price. The reduced price came out to be approx .33 cents per minute.

You had to be in a hotspot. We were lucky as we could use our laptop in our room. I guess we were very near a hotspot. The help desk on deck 4 will tell you where the hotspots are.

Archived