Triumph Review - April 10-17/04

Nik

Just returned from another great cruise. I fly out of Toronto to Fort Lauderdale and took the Air Transat Transfer to Port of Miami. No problems here. I was checked in on the ship by 12:30. I was travelling solo this time and booked a 1A for the first. It wasn't bad. It was really big as it was an wheelchair accessible room.

The ship is beautiful. I have sailed on older ships and it took some time to get use to getting around. The ship had 3,400 people about this trip and there were a number of kids on spring break. Most of the kids were great, however, the teens across the hall from me partied often into the night. My neighbour complained and they made even more noise! To top it off, the kids parents supported their kids partying into the wee hours of the morning. Something is wrong with these people. Ileft my radio on most nights so I didn't hear them icon_smile.gif I would like to address the comments about stains etc. I saw alot of kids and teens making a mess on the carpets (ice cream cones, pizza, soft drinks, juice, you name it was spilled, in the elevators etc. and not clean it up. Someone puked in the hall one night, that was terrific! I bet the staff are happy to see Spring Break over, I know I won't travel again during spring break.

The first day at sea was a little rough and windy. Same the next day until we arrived at San Juan. I didn't get off the ship. I wasn't too interested in seeing San Juan at night.

St. Thomas was beautiful. I booked Godfrey's Tour as per recommendations from this board. I was early, so Godfrey sent me with his friend Timmy. It was the best $20.00 I have ever spent. Timmy took me to town to shop for 2 hours, picked me up at the same place and toured the island for 2 hours and dropped me at Sapphire Beach, another recommendation from this board, and it was beautiful. There were approx. 20 of us on this tour. I had the best time. Sapphire Beach was very clean, washrooms clean and not over crowded. The shopping was great in St. Thomas.

Next day we were in St. Maarten. I went by Water Taxi to the shopping district for the morning. For the afternoon I went to Everyting's Cool. It was a great day! I wished we had more time to spend there. Needed to be back on board by 4:30, so I was in line at 3:30 along with hundreds others.

I really enjoyed the days at sea. They were so relaxing even though they were very windy! I truly enjoyed John Heald and Wee Jimmy. They really were great with the crowd. I especially enjoyed the bedtime story.

The food was good as usual. I had a table for 4 and sat alone the first 2 nights, the next 3 nights I ate in the South Beach Club (Buffet) and the final 2 nights I joined the couple at the table next to me. I enjoyed the food at the buffet. It was quite good. Also, the hamburgers and pizza were terrific!

I have no complaints about this cruise. However, one thing I want to mention is this is the worst I have ever seen the chair saving!! It was disgusting. I would see many chairs around the pools saved by 7:30 a.m. and by 11:00 a.m. still no one had shown up. I wish carnival would take a more agressive approach to this. Signs don't work!!

Also, I had an early flight home along with about 30 others going to Toronto. We asked for an early debarkation time which we were told was 8:45 a.m. I had been through customs at 6:15 a.m. and was ready to leave by 6:30. Because I'm not an American, I couldn't get off until later. They were allowing American citizens with their luggage to get off early for any reason. We didn't get off the ship until 9:30 a.m. and just made it to the airplane. I'm taking this up with the tour company that sold me the package as I specifically asked about early debarkation and making the plane on time! I don't need the anxiety first thing inthe morning.

Glad you had a great time..........

ONLY 16 MORE DAYS TILL WE'RE CRUISIN' ON THE TRIUMPH "AGAIN" BABY!!

kangaroo.gif

aus.gif

Storm'n Norman & Skippy

The Aussie Cruise-a-holic Duo

Triumph 8th May "Cruisin' KRAZY Caribe Crew" Social Directors

Cruisin' KRAZY Caribe Crew

Cruise Photos @

http://community.webshots.com/user/stormnnorman

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS (IN ABOVE LINK) FROM THE "STAR PRINCESS" (18TH OCTOBER 2003)!

http://community.webshots.com/user/justgotta

Nik........By ANY chance - Do you have your Carnival Capers?

Let me know (interniche@hotmail.com)!

Thanks.....

kangaroo.gif

aus.gif

Storm'n Norman & Skippy

The Aussie Cruise-a-holic Duo

Triumph 8th May "Cruisin' KRAZY Caribe Crew" Social Directors

Cruise Photos @

http://community.webshots.com/user/stormnnorman

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS (IN ABOVE LINK) FROM THE "STAR PRINCESS" (18TH OCTOBER 2003)!

http://community.webshots.com/user/justgotta

Yes! I keep everything. Is there something particular you are looking for? I don't have a scanner, so I can't scan them to you but would be happy to give you any info I can.

Archived