disembarkation cape liberty NJ

nbhwarrior

Hi CC's

we (2) will disembarking at cape liberty (with luggage) and have flight back to the uk at 19.30 from JFK

looking to take in a bit of manhattan, shopping etc, but finding it difficult to put it together e.g. transportation, luggage storage

the only non hassle option seem to come up with, id the disembarkation tour with RCI, which is about $90 each

however my concern with this is it states a 4 hour tour, with JFK drop off, the tour leaves 9.30 from the port, so if my claculations are right will be at JFK at 13.30, which does not seem attractive

anybody done this disembarkation tour? or anyone got any alternative options

Thanks

51 minutes ago, nbhwarrior said:

Hi CC's

we (2) will disembarking at cape liberty (with luggage) and have flight back to the uk at 19.30 from JFK

looking to take in a bit of manhattan, shopping etc, but finding it difficult to put it together e.g. transportation, luggage storage

the only non hassle option seem to come up with, id the disembarkation tour with RCI, which is about $90 each

however my concern with this is it states a 4 hour tour, with JFK drop off, the tour leaves 9.30 from the port, so if my claculations are right will be at JFK at 13.30, which does not seem attractive

anybody done this disembarkation tour? or anyone got any alternative options

Thanks

I can only speak for a comparable TYPE of thing we did out of San Juan, several years ago.  We had an early evening flight home to FL.  So we took advantage of an excursion Royal offered after we got off the ship.  The excursion explained that in quite detail that it would make sure that people who took the excursion would be at the airport in time for flights leaving AFTER a SPECIFIC TIME.  That will give you a much better idea of what the timeline for the excursion itself will be.  Since you are on an international flight, you have to be at the airport 2-3 hours earlier than your flight anyway, keep that in mind.  

Our experience was we met up with our luggage at the San Juan Airport in a general area from which everyone had to personally take their luggage to their terminal and eventual gate.  There was NO help to move your luggage around with.  This was a pain.  I don't know if it will be the same for your situation.

Just sharing what I know....hopefully it helps.