I met Lobster Dave

Two Flowers

After reading a review about a local "restaurant" on the beach in Ocho Rios by Margaritaville where Lobster Dave cooked fresh lobster and fish, I had to check it out. We were there the week of Jan 22 on the NCL Jewel. It is definitely a local spot. When walking towards the beach locals inquire what they can get us- listing a multitude of sinful, illegal delights. We politely told them we were headed to Dave's. They informed us that this was a good choice. My family of 5 walked through a screen door to a tidy building with plastic chairs and locals enjoying a smoke. A young girl took our order: 2 lobster dinners, 1 fish dinner, 1 conch dinner, 1 chicken dinner (my husband is allergic to shellfish :( ). After we ordered they walked out to the water and came back with a string of fresh parrotfish to cook. All of the meals were spicy and incredibly delicious. My lobster was fresh and came in a curry sauce with rice for $10- not including the Red Stripe. Dave came over to introduce himself after cooking and proudly showed us the review I had read on the web. If you are squeamish about venturing off the tourist path it's not for you. If you want to try something local you will want to check out Lobster Dave.

I have read alot about lobster dave's.

Have been to Jamaica three times, buddies twice and honeymoon.

Going back on a cruise with another family.

Is it cool to bring the kids over to Dave's?

If not they can stay at Margaritavile.

Depending on how old the kids are I probably wouldn't take them. We felt totally safe but there was a lot of "second-hand smoke"- and I don't mean the legal kind :rolleyes: .

Ok, getting there was not difficult. If you go to the beach in front of Margaritaville the lady taking the fee will tell you how to get there. If you don't want to pay the $3 to get onto the beach follow these directions.

Go outside of the Margaritaville plaza- think it's called Island Village- and turn right up the sidewalk. About a block up the road is a gravel driveway on the right which slopes down with several tiny buildings. Head down there and ask for Dave's. Good luck and have fun!!

:cool:

Depending on how old the kids are I probably wouldn't take them. We felt totally safe but there was a lot of "second-hand smoke"- and I don't mean the legal kind :rolleyes: .

Ok, getting there was not difficult. If you go to the beach in front of Margaritaville the lady taking the fee will tell you how to get there. If you don't want to pay the $3 to get onto the beach follow these directions.

Go outside of the Margaritaville plaza- think it's called Island Village- and turn right up the sidewalk. About a block up the road is a gravel driveway on the right which slopes down with several tiny buildings. Head down there and ask for Dave's. Good luck and have fun!!

Me and my buddy may take in some second hand smoke (lobster too....) while the wives and kids enjoy the waterslide and their margaritas..

Can't wait..

Archived